PDA

View Full Version : hey and help lol

lucas-87
24-09-10, 00:06
hey guys i'm 23 and ive sufferd from panic attacks and disturbing thoughts since i was about 15 but they went away and now i'm getting married in 5 weeks and they have come back over the last year or so but only when its night time and i'm trying to settle down or sleep i keep getting my self worked up as i think i'm going mad or crazy i just wish there was something i could do to calm myself down :(

nomorepanic
24-09-10, 00:07
Hi lucas-87

A huge warm welcome to nmp.

You'll get loads of advice and support here and make some lovely friends along the way.

Best wishes

paula lynne
24-09-10, 00:09
Hi Lucus, and a huge welcome to you :welcome: congrats on your forthcoming wedding, no wonder you feel anxious at this time, its a normal reaction. Good to know you x

lucas-87
24-09-10, 00:14
thanx for the warm welcome is there a chat box were we can talk to each other insted of posting ??? i no i have to wate 5 days :)

lucas-87
24-09-10, 01:22
ooooh just another question is sugary drinks and snacks good or bad for panic attacks and anxiety ????? or does it make no difference.

evil monkey
24-09-10, 01:32
hey lucas

on that question for what its worth ive been doing reading up on nutrition and stuff, and can say that pure sugary stuff will raise blood sugar fast (as opposed to raising it steadily and slowly), i dont know what effect this would happen on the rest of it. at a guess, it wouldn't help, because fast changes in blood sugar seem to be like...i dunno...bashing a glass of water, it unrests everything for a bit

it would probably give the brain a short burst of fast energy, which might not help

lucas-87
24-09-10, 08:17
ah cool cheers :)