PDA

View Full Version : My son, Scott

JaneC
24-09-10, 10:14
I hope people will forgive my self-indulgence today, but it's my wonderful son Scott's 18th birthday and I'm so very proud of him. We don't have lot of money these days and can't afford the sort of presents some of his friends' parents can but I spent hours last night putting up banners around the house for him to come home to this afternoon. Hope he likes it.

He is working very hard to fund himself through uni, which he has just started and has found the move away from home a bit of a culture shock. He has always been very supportive when I am ill, I know his friends find him to be that way too and he is great and very patient with his now very elderly gran.

Of course, there are times when I could kill him - but for those of you who worry about the impact of your illnesses on your children, I wish you could meet him. He's proof things can turn out more than fine :yahoo:

paula lynne
24-09-10, 10:56
Lovely post Jane, just lovely! Have a wonderful day all x:yesyes:

bluesparkle
24-09-10, 11:18
oh jayne...
thats a lovely post...and a very happy birthday to your son
he sounds like a lovely lad and you a good mum too :D
i think alot of us worry what an impact our "illness" will have on our kids...
i to am very proud of mine its a great feeling isnt it
rach
x

debs71
24-09-10, 15:15
That is a wonderful post Jane, and your son sounds like a man to be very proud of.

Wishing him and you a lovely, happy day.xxx

JaneC
25-09-10, 09:51
Thankyou ladies, I really appreciate your replies :flowers: I think he had a good day :)

Party for his friends in the house tonight :curse:

Veronica H
25-09-10, 09:56
Happy Birthday Scott:birthday1::birthday:..what a great post.:bighug1:hugs to you both.

Veronicax

Jaco45er
25-09-10, 09:57
Happy birthday to the lad :)

He sounds like one in a million, you should be very proud of him :)

JaneC
27-09-10, 11:02
:grouphug:Thanks everybody. House still standing after party. Hopefully he'll have a good week at uni now. We'll see him on Thurs when his sister is performing at a Shakespeare Festival - something I'd have been too terrified to do in a million years when I was 14, and still would be! Hugs all round

calm
27-09-10, 11:37
oh jane..your post is just lovely...he sounds like a wonderful son xxxxx

and well done to your daughter....that is tremendous xxxxx

JaneC
27-09-10, 11:49
Thanks Tracey, how is Kerry Louise today?

ditzygirl
27-09-10, 13:45
I think you should be proud of yourself for bringing up two fab children, don't worry about your anxiety letting your parenting skills down - your children are proof that you HAVE done a good job. Well done and Happy birthday to Scott and good luck to your daughter.

JaneC
28-09-10, 00:28
Thanks ditzygirl, yes it is good to be able to think sometimes that I must have done something right somewhere (x3 actually, although there is No.2's apparent food phobia to take into consideration). My dad had serious mental health probs, so there was always a worry there.

I'll pass on everybody's good wishes, you are all very kind xx

ladybird64
28-09-10, 11:43
A happy belated birthday to Scott and a big hug for his proud mum. :hugs:

sb001f8994
28-09-10, 12:38
Belated 18th birthday wishes to your son, he sounds wonderful and you have every right to feel as proud as punch, hope you all had a lovely day xx

KK77
28-09-10, 14:28
Happy birthday to your son Jane - you should be very proud indeed

ditzygirl
28-09-10, 16:38
Poor Jane - a lot to deal but be proud of yourself you are achieving loads.

JaneC
01-10-10, 00:43
Thanks ladybird, Mel and Carol :hugs: I saw Scott tonight and he says thanks to everybody, too xx