PDA

View Full Version : Return of Old Symptoms

oscar1
24-09-10, 13:58
Hi everyone. Last November I started to struggle with very bad anxiety and panic. It lasted for several months and it was the worst period of my life. But over the last 5 months I was back to pretty much 100% and thought that was it. Recently however the anxiety has come back. I can feel the tension all through my body and the anxiety in my stomach. Its affecting my life once again and im worried it will just get worse and worse until im back to where i was last winter. I feel like the weather might have something to do with it, but was just wondering if anyone else has gone through the same thing. Any feedback would be very much appreciated. It just helps to feel like your not the only one going through this.

ktloubish
24-09-10, 14:23
hiya oscar
sorry to hear your not doing so good :hugs:
i had panics about 3years ago which i got rid of completely and have suddenly come back?
im sure the weather has probably dampened all of our spirts as its started getting dark earlier and colder ect
Try not to think that ur anxiety will get worse and worse because by doing that ur feeding ur fear and you will make it worse , be positive and do what you were doing before the anxiety came back as it seems to have been working for you!
hope you feel better soon
kt x

paula lynne
24-09-10, 14:25
Hi Oscar, nice to meet you. You are most definately not alone. Can I ask....how did you manage to get over all that last time? And are you going through a particularly bad time at the moment? x best wishes x:)

oscar1
24-09-10, 14:31
Im not sure if there was one thing i did which helped to get over it. I was put on citalopram, and I just got myself in to a routine of making sure to get up when I woke up, washed and dressed straight away and tried to just make sure i had distractions. Eventually, with the help of friends also, I just found myself feeling much better.
Im not going through a bad time now, nor was I last time. It just came out of nowhere, which is why it was so scary.

Hazel B
24-09-10, 15:09
"I just got myself in to a routine of making sure to get up when I woke up, washed and dressed straight away and tried to just make sure I had distractions"

Paula Lynne is so wise! When you listed the things as above you did last time to help, have you started that routine again? It may also be worth a trip to your GP to let them know how you feel?

You are not alone.

oscar1
24-09-10, 15:31
I have tried to stick to the routine i got myself in to before. I haven't gone back to the GP yet though. I feel as though he might just tell me to stick it out, like he did last time i saw him several months ago.

DavidJ85
24-09-10, 15:35
Mines come out of nowhere too. The only problem is if we cling on to the fear it will stick around. Annoyingly i don't practise what I preach

suzy-sue
24-09-10, 15:44
Please read this link Oscar www.anxietynomore.co.uk/anxiety_setbacks.html (http://www.anxietynomore.co.uk/anxiety_setbacks.html). The line thats says about power says it all ..You will get through this believe that ,if nothing else .Sue x

oscar1
24-09-10, 15:53
Thank You! That really helps.

heavenly
24-09-10, 16:10
Please read this link Oscar www.anxietynomore.co.uk/anxiety_setbacks.html (http://www.anxietynomore.co.uk/anxiety_setbacks.html). The line thats says about power says it all ..You will get through this believe that ,if nothing else .Sue x

I love this line about setbacks, gives us hope! Thank you. xx

All the progress and knowledge is never lost, it is just buried under symptoms, waiting to resurface.