PDA

View Full Version : Palpitations and bloated stomach

brandy58
24-09-10, 16:21
Just wondered if anybody gets a bloated stomach / feeling full after meals which then triggers the palpitation

I will be fine when I get up in the morning. Half and hour after breakfast the missed beats start. It feels like I have indigestion and bloating. I also get a lot of constipation which doesnt help

I feel like this after most meals. If I have a big meal it is worse.
I get every 3rd beat missed for a few minutes then I start to feel dizzy etc which I think is panic.

Thanks

NattyOne
24-09-10, 20:17
Hi Brandy :)

Firstly, if you haven't yet been to your GP concerning your ectopics, I suggest you go along and discuss this with him or her. Mine changed from infrequent to frequent with different types of patterns, such as every 3rd beat. I was sent back to the Cardiologist who didn't seem too concerned, but gave me some reassurance, and is reviewing me in December.

I sometimes get indigestion, which appears to trigger my ectopics. Although I know it is not the only trigger for my ectopic beats. I have also noticed the ectopic every 2nd beat, and also every 3rd beat too. If I think the indigestion is causing the ectopics (or not helping them), I usually drink warm milk, although cold milk is equally good. Also plain yogurt, rice pudding, or semolina, help. Something to settle the stomach. If that doesn't help I have a couple of spoons of Gaviscon. Shifts the wind, and lessens the ectopics.

I sometimes find the ectopics are worse after a large meal, and if I then go and exercise (even just brisk walking or heavy housework) within an hour or two of eating they are equally bad. So I try to avoid this scenario.

All the best, NattyOne.

AbbyH
25-09-10, 02:15
Hi Brandy,

Yes, I have the same thing happen to me. My last bad run of them was after a big meal, I felt bloated and the urge to burp alot. I was having them every 5 beats or so and nearly rushed myself to the hospital.

Interesting Matty says that..I drank a cold glass of milk and with in 10 minutes they stopped completley. This now works for me everytime I get a run of them. So I definetly think it is related to indigestion.

brandy58
25-09-10, 14:24
Hi Natty and Abby - thanks for getting back to me - reasurring to know that others have the same thing
I went to the doc recently to get checked out and had an ECG - he also did a 24 hour monitor and said that there were the missed beats but nothing to worry about.
They have just been particularly bad this week. Yesterday i had a migraine as well they are always worse then.
So I went to bed and had painkillers and rested and today they are practically gone.
Don't know if it was the migraine coming on or the indigestion.

I can't have much milk because that causes the bloating but I will take some indigestion medicine and see if that helps
Thanks again
Brandy

Typer
27-09-10, 12:08
Stomach problems do seem to affect the vagus nerve and can set off palpitations.

read up on RLR's site

http://palps.chemicalforums.com/cgi-bin/YaBB.pl