PDA

View Full Version : Feelings of falling

Sezit
24-09-10, 18:24
I am suffering from feelings of falling on a regular basis. I can be sat down or stood up and suddenly its like a dropping sensation. It only lasts a couple of seconds but afterwards I feel absolutely dreadful. I also have brain fog ALL the time and feel generally worn out. The doc has put me on sertraline 50mg. I also feel like i am sensitive of movement for example if I am on a treadmill and get off I feel like I am still walking on it or a boat the same etc. This falling feeling is happening every day and its horrid doctor says its anxiety is anyone else experiencing this?

Anxious_gal
24-09-10, 18:48
wow I have the same thing!!!
I have had it for years though...... I think maybe it's vertigo.
I hate when I feel like I'm falling, it's as if the floor just drops down underneath me.
i thought i was weird with the treadmill one! i really do feel like om still on the treadmill even after I've got off it.
same happens in cars,elevators, anything that moves.

MidnightCalm
24-09-10, 20:56
I get the same!
I think we're just over sensitive to movement or something because of the anxiety.

jenjen210
24-09-10, 21:02
I get this too! It is so bizarre. I feel like I'm just going to fall through the floor! Sorry I don't have much advice on it though. Maybe you could try ditracting yourself? That might help. Also, most people feel that way after the treadmill because you have been running on a moving belt and when you walk on solid ground you get that floaty feeling!

xx

jill
25-09-10, 12:53
Hi hun :D:hugs:

I am sorry to hear your having these symptoms, anxiety has lots and lots of symptoms, as you can see, your NOT alone with these.

I have had these symptoms in the past.

MidnightCalm, has hit the nail on the head, and is soooo right, at present moment in time, due to anxiety you ARE more sensitive and notice to how your body is reacting to things. Believe it or not, this happens to everyone, even people who don't suffer anxiety, BUT, when your a none anxiety sufferer they don't notice it, when acute with anxiety you notice ANY changes with your body and mind.

**I can be sat down or stood up and suddenly its like a dropping sensation.**

In both these actions, there is a change in the bodys balance, normal, but your on alert and noticing it..

**afterwards I feel absolutely dreadful.**

this is a knock on effect, because your sensitive you notice the change, it scares you, this in turn highers your levels of anxiety, feeding your anxiety, hence another anxiety symptoms, (feeling dreadful)

**treadmill**

This has been explained well by jen..

Hunny, I know its dame hard for you right now, but right now, present moment in time, you are sensitive, this WILL NOT last forever, this WILL PASS, with a lot of hard work, time and the right support.

There are lots of threads on hear about falling and being over flea sensitive to a lot of things.

YOU ARE NOT ALONE, although its not pleasant and it can be scary at time,s, its harmless.

Believe YOU CAN get better, really believe, use you power of imaginations, SEE yourself better in the future and your mind WILL find ways to do it.

YOU TAKE CARE

LOVE JILL XX

paula lynne
25-09-10, 13:29
Yep, me too! get vertigo "attacks" but the falling swoping feeling is almost always there x youre not alone x:wacko: