PDA

View Full Version : Still waiting for results

countrygirl
24-09-10, 18:27
I posted to say I had had mammo and breast scan on 15th sept privately and saw consultant who had mammo and said nothing to worry him ( I have scarring from injury in one breast). another consultant was going to look at breastscan report and mammo report and then write a report that I should have got mid week but due to a problem with the private hospital not sending my mammo report on to the consultant concerned I am still waiting although it should be sorted early next week.

I have spoken to the person who is trying to sort it out at private health firm every day and today I said that obviously because I did not know the results of breastscan it was worrying having to wait and she said we would have contacted you if there was anything drastic as we have had the scan results since Tuesday which was reassuring but of course I keep thinking what if.

I now have another weekend to wait - one part of my says forget it and just enjoy yourself, worry when you have to not before but then the health anxiety part of me says what if you should worry blahdeblah as you all know.

any kind words to get me through yet another weekend of waiting?

ellie_C_mason1990
24-09-10, 19:59
no news is good news, as they say.
its very hard not to worry, i like to do it so i am prepared for the worst. try and think about how you are going to feel next week when you get the all clear; you will have wasted a weekend you wont get back worrying.
hold on in there.. try and do something calming like reading a book, watching a good film, buring insence..
even in the worst case scenario, if the results were bad, (which they are not~) treatment is so good these days, (i guess you are worried about breast cancer). In the newspaper the other day it said breast cancer is now something you survive!! really promising news.

paula lynne
24-09-10, 20:12
You will cope DESPITE the outcome. Its horrible waiting ( I have a biggy myself on tue-will I be dead in 8 years) do you know love, we really cant fight something we cant see, so until we REALLY know, lets make the best of it, enjoy family and friends, live, laugh, and love. I bet you are so much stronger than you realise. You will handle it. My thoughts are with you, sending you love and hugs xxx:hugs::hugs::hugs:

countrygirl
27-09-10, 16:34
Thanks both - I am getting really annoyed with the private company I had them done with as I still haven't got the result report. I finally on Friday after ringing every day and being told they were chasing the Dr who was doing the report found out that they weren't at all as the hospital who had done my mammo had forgotten to send the mammo report to breasthealth and it is they who pass the reports on to the Dr who does the final report - I was promised a phone call on Friday afternoon to tell me of progress and of course no phone call. today I rang again and spoke to different person who explained that the hospital had only forwarded mammo report this morning but he had now sent both reports by email to the Dr who does the final report and he hoped to hear something this afternoon and would ring me - I rang him and he has just said that he has now went two emails to Dr begging him to do report as soon as possible- so once again he is hoping to get report tomorrow.

As they say you have results in 3-5 days and I have now waited 9 working days not inc weekends I think i will write and complain to them once I finally get report as I would have got results quicker on NHS!!

Not to mention the stress of not knowing:mad: