PDA

View Full Version : Heart racing when lying down?

uk23
24-09-10, 21:59
I was just having a snooze and suddenly starting to feel my body pulsing, I then took my pulse and saw it was about 120 - I was just snoozing, how can this be anxiety?

edit: from post below:

I just checked and my pulse is 120 with my blood pressure at 100/60 - worried now :( - and thats after having a cigarette which I thought was meant to raise your blood pressure.

Pulse was at that rate before smoking.

I also have pain when breathing in on the left middle chest area. Please reply someone

bottleblond
24-09-10, 22:07
Uk

When our bodies begin to relax, we can jump, jolt, ect...it's just our bodies way of relaxing and going into slumber. Because you have noticed this, you have thought there was something wrong and taken your pulse which of course would have been high because you have automatically assumed this was unnatural.

It is completely natural and something most of us experience.

Hope this helps

Lisa
x

uk23
24-09-10, 22:28
I just checked and my pulse is 120 with my blood pressure at 100/60 - worried now :( - and thats after having a cigarette which I thought was meant to raise your blood pressure.

Pulse was at that rate before smoking.

I also have pain when breathing in on the left middle chest area. Please reply someone

PokerFace
24-09-10, 22:34
Cuz you're checking it and worrying about it you're getting anxious so your pulse is still stayin high. I don't think smoking raises your blood pressure dramatically cuz I had a fag then immediatley went into the doctors and he took my blood pressure and it was pretty much the same as it was the last time I went when I hadn't smoked.

If you stop focusing on it and relax your pulse will go back down if you let it.

nomorepanic
24-09-10, 22:34
I think you are getting anxious and checking things and making yourself worse.

You have had ECG's etc recently haven't you and been checked out at the hospital several times?

bottleblond
24-09-10, 22:35
Uk

By focusing on your blood preasure as you are is setting off your anxiety which of course will heighten it. You need to try to stop fixating on it and distract onto more positive things.

Hate to sound harsh here but you're not doing yourself any favours by taking your BP as you are.

Lisa

PokerFace
24-09-10, 22:39
Oh also I told my doctor I sometimes checked my own blood pressure and he told me to stop it immediatley cuz it will just make me worse and I wouldn't know what to do with the results when I got them or what they ment. He was right, I would have no idea what's high or low or abnormal for me, so I've stopped and felt fine as it's of no benefit to me at all.

Blueeyed87
25-09-10, 10:14
Hey,
I suffer badly from pounding racing heart after naps which is weird because shouldn't waking from a nap be pleasant.. My bpm keep above 100 for up too 2 hrs after I wake up with racing heart making me feel all icky and lightheaded I try and refrain from naps now hate waking up shaking with high pulse so scary. Your not alone

ian414
26-09-10, 12:30
Hi UK23, i would like to explaine somthing to you, ive always checked my pulse reason being thats its always high, ok herec we go ok, i have a BP & pulse meter i will always check to see what mine is doing when laying down mine can be 140, when i get up it will go to around 150, somtimes it will slow down to about 79 t0 98 beats, why does it do this you may ask yourself well the truth of it is with Health Anxitey we are more worried about our health, my dad died froma heart attack in 1987 so i sufferd from a racing heart for a whole year till 1988, ok then i was ok untill the day i got married in 1989 and god i was so worried it was going mad, i lost 2 stone in weight chest pains the lot, ok that lasted just over 1 year, ok now its 2010, so ok a nice few years without the worry umtill my mum passed away last year 2009 from Overion cancer, Wow back it came this time worse than ever, my heart went to 200 beats a min on a full blown panic attack, then the anxitey set in, so yes im now here like you worrying everyday why is the heart going so fast 120 150 99 up down up down for no reason....but wait there is a reason its called the fear of fear, worry checking worrying...right im 42 years of age worry fear Anxitey, ive lost 1 and a half stone this time chest pains all day off balance all day and night, checking my pulse, right let me tell you somthing ok dont check it i know its hard as the way you feel, but your not going to die from this its the anxitey your mind is always on the worry mode what if why? im here if you need to talk ok anytime you feel worried about the heart just find me ok here is my facebook ian hawke my pic on there is a black and white picture of my bald head lol, if you want to talk over the phone here is my number 0208 3207614 i dont mind you ringing if you need help and i will tell you how to calm down and prove to you its anxitey all the best Ian