PDA

View Full Version : Just when I thought it couldn't get any worse...

Nanerpus
25-09-10, 13:07
It's been a tough summer. But I'm in my worst state of mind ever right now.

This spring, I went in to the eye doctors because I have a pinquecula (glob of protein/fat from sun damage - harmless) in each eye, and sometimes it gets inflamed and I need steroid drops to clear it up.

Now, come fall, both my eyes are red for some reason so I go back in. I get put on the drop again to clear it up, and he says it's "episcleritis" - inflammation of the eye, again, not a huge deal, but he says, "Since you've been in a few times I'd like to do some blood tests to rule out any autoimmune diseases that could point to chronic inflammation." PANIC.

So after doing the blood tests, what do I do? I go home and google. I found out that I can have MS, Scleroderma, Sarcoidosis, Lupus, RA, and all sorts of other autoimmune diseases. My aunt has Scleroderma and has a horribly difficult life. So of course now I think I'm going to get it. I even have some symptoms (itchiness sometimes that I've been told was anxiety since it comes and goes, Raynauds (which when I google that says I have a risk of getting an autoimmune disease ANYWAYS), and the eye inflammation).

I don't find out my tests results until Tuesday, and in the meanwhile I am FREAKING out, I can't sleep, I can't breathe, my heart is pounding. I'm just sure the tests are going to come back abnormal and I'm going to be referrered to a hematologist and find out I have something horrible. It just makes sense to me, I can connect all the dots in my head to scleroderma, ra, something horrible like that. I'm so upset.

The doctor told me they've seen a ton of people in for fall allergies, and not to go home and worry but I've been in several times for eye inflammation and I just KNOW it's linked to some autoimmune disease, especially after researching on the internet and knowing what I already have (Raynaud's syndrome, since I was little - it runs in my family too).

Any words of wisdom until I get my tests results back? I'm so scared. I haven't slept since my appointment 3 days ago and I keep having this upcoming appointment play out in my head, him telling me I have had high levels in my markers for these autoimmune diseases.

My husband thinks I'm just "sensitive" and that I'm fine, because I do feel great, and outwardly there's not a whole lot to point to that could be wrong. But I read that sometimes it takes years for those illness to really develop but they are still THERE LURKING.

paula lynne
25-09-10, 13:34
Hi hun, Im soory your under the weather right now. I learnt very early on in this forum..NEVER to use doctor google!..just feeds the panic. Now that your eyes are red again, you have to trust that whatever is prescribed for you will work, and eventually your eyes will get better. Please see your md if there is no improvement in a week or so, Im sure you'll get reassurance then xx:flowers:

CrazyCatLady
29-09-10, 21:24
Did you get your results yet Nanerplus? Good news I hope. I always get worked up when I get a diagnosis from Dr Google, trying to stop but it's hard!

:hugs:

Fly away Katie
29-09-10, 22:31
Yessss.. Dr Google is a nightmare.. Dont go there :P
Im sure your fine lovely. x x x x x x