PDA

View Full Version : Success taking Pregabalin

Splat*
25-09-10, 18:21
Hi all, I have been reading through the threads and posts in this forum and just thought I'd let you know my experiences with Lyrica (Pregabalin) as they are very positive.

I suffer from generalized anxiety disorder as well as depression, bulimia and self harm, and was prescribed pregabalin at 150 mg a day a few months ago. I am now up to the top dose of 600mg a day (200mg x 3 a day) and it has absolutely changed my life. I can now go out and about with minimal anxiety, my days at home and not filled with panic attacks and hiding under the duvet, and I am feeling so much more confident that the depression is better too.

I dont really have any side effects other than maybe feeling slightly spaced out, but I'm ok with that.

Pregabalin rules :yesyes:

paula lynne
25-09-10, 18:26
Splat thats fantastic that its made such a positive difference to you!! Meds dont work for everyone, Im glad they have for you. Onwards and upwards!:yesyes:

Splat*
25-09-10, 18:30
Thanks Paula :)

KK77
25-09-10, 20:16
I'm very happy for you Splat. I take prg for different reasons to you but it's also helped me too. I'm not sure why it isn't prescribed more for people on this site instead of all the SSRIs that are handed out like confetti (hmm, perhaps cost has something to do with it *sigh*).

Splat*
25-09-10, 21:29
Melancholia-- well I take SSRIs too, so not sure on that point!

KK77
25-09-10, 21:52
Yes, I see you take quite a few meds. So do I but for anxiety/panic/GAD I personally think pregabalin is far more effective than SSRIs which generally increase anxiety initially. If it works then great - but I think pregabalin works better for anxiety.

JT69
02-10-10, 15:31
Hi, I have taken srri's in the past am now currently on 15mg mirtazipine and 200mg of pregabalin and can honestly say the pregabalin helped with my anxiety the most...yes I still have morning anxiety sometimes and always when I first wake but it has helped me get through the days and live a relatively normal life again!!! The mirtazipine made me gain so much weight but since reducing to 15mg some has started to drop off....just need to get back on an even keel before trying to come off it!!!

Glad you doing good on it....perhaps for me an increase may tackle the morning anxiety???

Jo.xx

JT69
02-10-10, 15:33
I'm very happy for you Splat. I take prg for different reasons to you but it's also helped me too. I'm not sure why it isn't prescribed more for people on this site instead of all the SSRIs that are handed out like confetti (hmm, perhaps cost has something to do with it *sigh*).

Yes I definately agree!!! Shame and big *sigh*....we must be the lucky ones.....JO.xx