PDA

View Full Version : New here, but 'old' to Panic!

Babooshka
26-09-10, 12:12
Hi Everyone.

I am from Cambridge, and have suffered from Migraines with Aura since I was 17, and from anxiety and panic since 2000, after a traumatic break-up.

It comes and goes, bad days and good daysm and I am a believer of knowledge is power, so have read a lot about it, and conquering it, but, it's still there.

I have had periods of a year where it's not been there, and other periods, like now, where it has been there almost constantly. when i was pregnant, I was signed off permanently due to severe migraines, and after I had my baby I had a hug panic attack, followed by another 4 weeks later whilst driving on the motorway. I got over this one, to have another two, yesterday on the motorway, whilst the baby was screaming in the back! and its all come flooding back again.

At times like these I come on here and read through peoples experiences which gives me the strength to beat it again, so thanks everyone.

I am not good right now, but I know it will pass.

I look forward to interacting with you all!

Paula

diane07
26-09-10, 12:13
Hi Babooshka

We just wanted to welcome you aboard to NMP. We hope you enjoy your stay here and get all the support and advice you need.

Please take some time to read the website articles on the left as well for loads of advice and tips.

paula lynne
26-09-10, 12:29
Hi Paula and welcome aboard :welcome: you'll find lots of help and support here.x Best wishes, Paula Lynne x

Vanilla Sky
26-09-10, 13:01
Hi and welcme to NMP :welcome:
Paige x

Hazel B
26-09-10, 13:38
Hi, welcome.

My anxiety stared a month ago after 3 years of bereavement and traumas. I'm trying to beat it.

You are not alone.

ChrisBaker
26-09-10, 17:17
Hi Paula:welcome:to the forum it always helps to talk x

Anabell
26-09-10, 17:26
Hi Paula - I find the same comfort in coming here and reading that I am not alone. It does help to remind yourself as you have that this anxiety too will soon pass. :)

olderfella
26-09-10, 17:36
Hi Paula & welcome:)

Babooshka
28-09-10, 13:38
Thanks everyone!