PDA

View Full Version : Piles

MidnightCalm
26-09-10, 15:15
Has anybody got any experience with these?
3 years ago I had bad constipation and my bowel movements were painful and sometimes I'd find a lot of blood in the toilet or on the paper, blood always followed the pain, I always felt as if the poo was cutting me and then i'd see the blood, it'd leave the hole sore, sometimes itching and hard to walk and then it stopped.
I've had occasional blood since when passing hard painful stools but none recently for the past year or so BUT I did notice when I had the "piles" theres something in my bum hole, like a small protruding grape, it's not really sore but has never gone away and causes occasional discomfort, i've heard of external haemorrhoids and think it could have developed into them.
I also get a kind of discharge, it's just watery and clear which i've also heard could be haemorrhoids.
Does anybody else have what I have?
Is it normal for them to stay this long? I always believed they go within weeks, never saw a doctor and haven't used anything.x

nomorepanic
26-09-10, 15:26
We have loads of posts about piles on here so do have a search for them and I reply to most of them as I suffer too - I have Crohn's disease.

You can get the piles injected to reduce them as well if they keep recurring.

The doc can also give you some suppositories or cream that you can put inside to ease the internal piles.

MidnightCalm
26-09-10, 15:34
Thank you Nicola, does it sound like piles to you? It's quite embarrassing really.
They don't cause me much discomfort it's just the knowing that they're there and sticking out that bothers me (If piles is what it is).

suzy-sue
26-09-10, 15:35
I had really bad piles when I had my son .I used Anusol ,you can get it from the chemist .They can last a while when they are bad ,you have my sympathy ..Sue

MidnightCalm
26-09-10, 15:48
I think i've had them too long for a cream to help and they're not really sore but i've just looked at suppositries and they sound better as they aid the inflammation internally but I don't know if it'd help at this later stage ://

nomorepanic
26-09-10, 15:50
It does sound like piles and they can look very unsightly.

You may be able to get them injected and in some cases they will remove them with an operation but they won't do this with me because of the Crohn's.

MidnightCalm
26-09-10, 16:00
I'll tell the Dr at my next app, i've just had it so long now, are there any steps I can take at home? Warm bath or ice or cleaning etc? Just got no clue lol.
Argh, it's a shame you're stuck with the little bleeders (literally).

nomorepanic
26-09-10, 16:19
One thing I was told was to use that wet tissue paper. I think Andrex do it. I couldn't get on with it but you do need an expensive toilet paper that is soft and not the cheap harsh rubbish lol.

I think a warm bath would help as well.

Also when you go to the loo make sure you aren't straining too much if you know what I mean!

MidnightCalm
26-09-10, 16:47
Ah okay, well I'm currently using moisturising baby wipes and petrolium jelly (lip balm) as I heard it helps.
This might be too much information but I read they can sometimes be pushed back up, just tried this and it's impossible as it seems attatched to the actual opening and hurt when I tried.

Vixxy
26-09-10, 17:13
If it feels like the poo is ripping you, it might be a fissure. Ive had one since I was a child. It hurts, but nothing bad will come of it.
You can use the same medication people use for piles to get relief OR see your doctor who will prescribe a steroid cream to help it heal up.

nomorepanic
26-09-10, 17:43
Mine are external and cannot be pushed back. I am stuck with them for life now lol

toria
26-09-10, 22:11
i suffered with piles for a long time same symptoms as yours i had some little bands put on mine then they just fall off not to bad at all xx

MidnightCalm
26-09-10, 22:21
Ahh, hopefully they'll be long gone soon then, do they ever come back and can they band them at the gp?

MidnightCalm
22-10-10, 23:16
Sorry to bring this up again.
Today I've been really sore in that department, I looked and there's a small lump on "the hole" at the side and it's painful, painful to touch and just painful, it's come up within the past week I'd say as I've never noticed it that big before, it looks like the colour of a bruise, like a dark blue :/ x

nomorepanic
22-10-10, 23:20
Probably a pile then. Did you ever go and see the doc?

MidnightCalm
22-10-10, 23:32
I saw the Dr and ended up completely forgetting to mention it and going on about lots of other stuff, I'm definitely going to make an appointment to get it sorted because I think it is most definitely a pile now it just seems to have flared up really badly.

nomorepanic
23-10-10, 00:03
Try and get them sorted before they go external like mine