PDA

View Full Version : being told its not real

Midnightharp
26-09-10, 16:01
now im someone whos suffered from anxiety and depression for years and been in and out of needing help. unfortunatly its reality at the moment for me. but i feel that how im actually feeling goes unnoticed alot of the time even when i am asking for help.

for instance, family is a massive issue. my mother is someone who is also depressed but because her stages are more severe than mine she feels she knows more about every aspect and will tell me how things do and do not work with depression. now she will always give her opinion on what the problem is and wont listen to me or the docters about whats actually happening.

suggestions? or your side of a story?

Vixxy
26-09-10, 17:02
My dad suffers with depression and hes happy to dish out advice on how I should be living, but doesnt seem to want to turn the spotlight on himself and stand by what he tells me.
To be honest it used to bother me alot. I would end up in tears wondering why whatever I was doing was wrong. I had some therapy and learnt its actually his problem and not mine. I take everything he says with a pinch of salt and just agree with him so that we dont end up having a barny.
I still love him and wish he could find some happiness :)

evil monkey
27-09-10, 18:00
i find that with everyone.

if we had a broken leg, help would be dished out. but because its non-physical, it doesnt get seen like that.

one friend had the same sort of thing and she understood it, another one had a different kind of anxiety, and her view was "you need to do this". no...i know what i need to do. i am thinking it may have been more to do with her personality or her view of me which gave her that response tho

ive found a big thing is people always say 'do this' and dont say 'why cant you do this'

Midnightharp
28-09-10, 01:17
ahh cheers guys, atleast im not the only one in this sorta thing. sounds really cheesy buuut with depression and always trying to chat is an absolute pain. you do just end up getting someone who always thinks their way of life will suit your and their way of thinking

its never really taylor fit if you get me.