PDA

View Full Version : upping the dose

nicebeaver
26-09-10, 17:08
I am on 40mg of citalopram, but am having one of the worst weekends of my life-I started taking an extra 10mg two ights ago but see 60mg is the maximum-should I go to 60?

Splat*
26-09-10, 17:30
Best thing you can do is talk to your Dr, or psych if you have one. I'm on 60mg, have been for a couple of years now but yes, it is the highest you can go.

nicebeaver
26-09-10, 19:25
My dr is away for another 10 days, I have been refered to a psychirtrist, but it will take 10 days before they even review the case! I cannot wait, I have a 14 week old baby and just cannot cope with every day life! Will it affect me if I just up it from 40-60?

nicebeaver
26-09-10, 19:26
BTW I have been on anti depressants since I was 19-I'm 40 now.

ByThePowerOfGreyskul
26-09-10, 20:33
sorry to hear you are having a hard time this weekend.

The thing about citalopram is that it takes time for the dosage change to make a difference. If you are having a good weekend would you decide to drrop your dosage?

Do you have other coping strategies that you could lean on until you get to see your GP?

Do you want to talk about why this weekend has been hard?? would it help to vent??

nicebeaver
26-09-10, 21:09
It has been getting steadily worse, this is the first time in all these years that an upping of my dose has failed to work. I am stable on 20mg usual days, but have been up and down all my life. I feel "safer" now I have driven to my Mums and have support but today I just had the worst attack ever, I just lost all control of my mind. I cannot keep feeling like this. This has been going on now for a couple of weeks I just want to have the highest dose safe then come down because I dont feel safe around myself or with my baby until I feel at least I can "cope".