PDA

View Full Version : Hi

Xavier
26-09-10, 17:49
I am 28 and live in the UK. Have had Panic Attacks for 6 or 7 years and have had panic disorder for most of that time.

It has recently got worse and I know basically can't go to any social occasion like bars, restaurants and gatherings without getting a panic attack as soon as I get there every time.

I have only really recently started trying to get treatment, and just carried on trying to function normally denying I needed it, and just binge drinking to control the panic attacks, for years, but am just sick of having to do that.

diane07
26-09-10, 17:50
Hi Xavier

We just wanted to welcome you aboard to NMP. We hope you enjoy your stay here and get all the support and advice you need.

Please take some time to read the website articles on the left as well for loads of advice and tips.

paula lynne
26-09-10, 17:53
Hi Xavier and a big welcome aboard to you :welcome: plenty of good advice and lots of support here, youre not alone x:hugs:

ChrisBaker
26-09-10, 18:28
Hi xavier and welcome lots of people binge drink to feel better and you do for a while. Its the hangover you feel pants. Well thats how its been for me.x:welcome:

Vanilla Sky
26-09-10, 19:23
Hi and welcome to NMP :welcome:
Paige x

kibbutz83
26-09-10, 21:11
Hi again Xavier, binge-drinking! hmmmm :( You are seriously asking for more trouble :( You need to build your nerves up, not beat them down... Alcohol has never been the answer to anyones problems :( Have you tried reading health books for advice on how to strengthen your body and mind? x

Fly away Katie
26-09-10, 22:14
Welcome to the forum x x x