PDA

View Full Version : Grandma died today

natalier
26-09-10, 18:59
I suffered from anxiety and panic attacks for quite a number of years but with help of cbt and reading books, this summer I have mostly overcome them. however, my grandma died this morning and I am very upset and also anxious. She lives in Austria and my mother has already booked a flight to go out there this Thursday for the funeral. I havent flown since I started having very bad panic attacks I i just cant see myself do it plus all the anxiety is coming back I don't know what to do :( It#s a sad time.

Vanilla Sky
26-09-10, 19:20
I'm so sorry to hear your sad news . You are stronger than you think hun, your mum and you will draw strength from each other . It's usually thinking about it that is worse , like , i wont cope etc ... but you will and you will get through it . I wish you a safe journey and post when you get back won't you .
Hugs to you and your mum and family :hugs:
Paige xx

joannap
26-09-10, 19:28
aww - bless you. my grandma died last year - i was with her when it happened so i know how you are feeling. try to go if you can - if you really want to go then do not let fear hold you back - i travelled several hundred miles on the train a few months ago after years of being frightened to and you will be with family but if you really feel you cannot go then talk to your grandma and say goodbye in your mind xx

natalier
26-09-10, 20:01
Thank you, I will try to go :) I do want tooo x x x

eternally optimistic
26-09-10, 20:19
Bless you, I am sorry to hear your very sad news.

I hope you manage to make the trip, if you really feel you want to go but find it all too much to do on your own, try and visit your GP to see if they can give you some medication to help you through.

Take care and my thoughts are with you.

paula lynne
26-09-10, 20:42
Im so so sorry for your loss xx my thoughts and prayers are with you xx:hugs:

miss_moose
26-09-10, 22:36
I'm so sorry xx I think Jay ann is right, see if you can speak to your GP, even if it's just over the phone, and ask for some advice, or atleast something to calm you for the flight.

If you don't fancy "hardcore meds, as i call them, you can maybe try something natural such as Kalms and rescue remedy.

Take a comfort bag for your flight with some puzzle books, magazines, music ect to help distract you.

My thoughts are with you xx

daybyday
26-09-10, 22:42
My sincere sympathy on the loss of your grandmother.
I'm glad you will be going along with your mum.
And I agreee that maybe your dr. could give you something to just help you for this time of what you need to do.
Love and prayers.

sammi
26-09-10, 22:43
Sorry to hear your sad news xxxxxxxx

blue moon
27-09-10, 06:45
My prayers are with you:hugs:
Love Petra x:flowers:

natalier
27-09-10, 18:49
thank you all for you kind words. means a lot to me :)

Yeah I think I will bring my ipod and just bought mags for the flight. The challenge after that is being okay abroad but yeah I need to do this so will try :) x x

Vixxy
27-09-10, 19:04
Im so sorry to hear your news. x

calm
27-09-10, 21:59
i am so sorry to hear your sad news....my thoughts and prayers are with you at this sad time xxx