PDA

View Full Version : Fear of change in routine.....

emmajamma
26-09-10, 19:08
Hi all,

Basically i'm just wondering how others with anxiety/depression etc cope when their usual routine changes rapidly?In short for the last year or so I have had a relapse of anxiety and depression and have been living back with my parents (im 27), anyway during this time I have been working daily and have managed to keep going in as I find the routine helps.

I do web based work, anyway recently due to a long and complicated story my boss has moved away and is suggesting I start to work from home. This is something which I know I will struggle with as it will be a complete change of routine, and obviously I will feel isolated etc. I think part of the issue may be that I associate being at home in the day with feeling unwell, ie when I have been off due to anxiety.

This has all happened fairly quickly so Im not really sure at all how I will cope, he is quite a 'character' so things are a bit like a rollercoaster at work on any given day. I have told him I dont want to work from home (but not why). I would look for another job but that seems pretty impossible due to how I feel.

Anyway Im just wondering if others have been in a similar situation or have any advice??

Thanks.