PDA

View Full Version : EATING IS NOT WORKING

Laurie28
02-03-04, 14:29
Okay This eating malarkey is not working - I am officially a pig but am no fatter (if anything thinner!!)

Anyone have any ideas of anything that can help me put on weight (legal and harmless of course) as I am fed up of looking like a skinny pre pubescent boy!!!

Thanks
lucky

Lottie32
02-03-04, 15:10
Lucky

Stop worrying about it. When I was living with Al (the sofa through the window bloke) I went down to under 9 stone. I ate three meals a day - toast for breakfast, sandwiches, crisps, apple, yoghurt and cake for lunch and chops, meat, veg and pudding for tea. All washed down with several pints of Guiness.

Eventually, we split up, I got my head together, relaxed a bit and my metabolism has now stopped working. Now I'm a fat pig and 11 stone! And three months at the gym hasn't shifted a single pound.

Seriously though, nobody would believe me, but for a whole year I really could eat anything I wanted and not put on weight.

Sometimes its also to do with body type. Go to your local bookshop or Boots and look for the Matt Roberts latest fitness book. I can't remember what it's called and I've lent my copy to a friend so can't check at home. There is a section in the back on body times, and how to build / tone each type, and what foods to eat. Once you've found it, you can see if your library has got a copy!

And be grateful - I've worked for three months to shift my excesses and nothing is moving!

Charlie

What doesn't kill you makes you stronger.

Rennie1989
02-03-04, 19:24
im 6 stone and im really skinny. i dont eat alot coz my stomach is smaller then average. i can put my finger and thumb around my wrist. also i can see my ribs poking out and my spine.

lucky- eat alot of fatty foods, no not fry-ups, cakes and chocolate etc, thats all i know that can help

jade

nomorepanic
02-03-04, 21:08
Lucky

I am struggling to lose weight here!

out exercising every night and still nearly 3 stone overweight - so we have reverse problems!

Nicola

Laurie28
03-03-04, 08:36
Hiya,

I actually weight myself last night at the sports centre and I am 8st 7pds and I should be 9st 7pds so not as bad as I thought!!! only 1 stone under. i think it is because after I had my second child I lost my chest and butt which makes me look worse!!!

Lucky

Lottie32
03-03-04, 08:57
You could always try those chicken hormone injections that the women have in the caribbean - big butts are the epitomy of attraction over there.

I don't think you can get them over here though, so you will have to go to the caribbean.

Obviously that is a long way to go with two little ones, so being totally unselfish I volunteer to accompany you and act as nanny.

Charlie

Laurie28
03-03-04, 09:10
Ha. My kids are STILL waiting for you to collect them to help you stop smoking !!!!

Lucky

Lottie32
03-03-04, 10:18
I'm only a third of the way through Mr Carrs Easy Way to Stop Smoking.

I read 20 minutes when I was on the bike, and 15 minutes when I was on the cross trainer.

I didn't manage any at all on the rower (you can't row one handed)

And I had all on to not collapse on the runner, let alone read. Still I'm a third of the way through it, and you aren't supposed to stop until you've read it. It's starting to work already though - I'm not smoking a lot of the time when I would have done previously.

Charlie

nomorepanic
03-03-04, 21:39
Charlie

If you don't stop till you read it all then you could go on reading it for years and years - lol!

Nicola

Lottie32
04-03-04, 10:35
Actually Nic (in a superior and smug manner)

Mr Carr tells you NOT to stop until you've finished reading the book. So I'm only doing what I'm told.

I can't believe your insinuating that I've not got the will power to finish the book! I'll have you know I'm a very fast reader - it's just finding the time!!!!

And the gym is excellent - 20 mins on bike and 15 on cross trainer = 35 minutes of uninterupted (apart from wiping the sweat from my brow) reading.

I expect to be half way through it on Saturday morning - so by my calculations, I should not be smoking by the end of March (just not sure what year LOL)

Love

Charlie

nomorepanic
04-03-04, 21:48
Charlie

LOL - I am sure you will be giving up soon mate. I am waiting to hear ....

Nicola

benoo5
04-03-04, 23:04
lucky,if you want to put on a stone........eat regularly at harry ramsdens.....giant cod and chips,two large slices bread,and real butter...large slice cheesecake..washed down,with a pint of draught guiness,just flown in from dublin....thank god ime moving,as ime a harry ramsden fan lol !

best wishes...bryan.

Laurie28
05-03-04, 08:54
Bryan

That does sound good (although I don't drink Guiness) but I don't even know where my nearest Harry Ramsdens is!!!

Although I think I should be big and fat as Charlie thinks all I Scots do is eat battered Mars Bars and drink IRN BRU - LOL

Love
Lucky

Lottie32
05-03-04, 13:31
God Nic

That sounds like a challenge! Well I will do it. I'm not going to be smoking by the time we all meet at Megs in May.

Bryan - actually think moving near Skeg will be even worse. The place is awash with lovely chippy cafes - and there are Harrys there too!

Just watch your arteries.

Lucky

I'm not that stupid - I know you eat haggis , tatties and neeps too!

Charlie

Laurie28
05-03-04, 13:43
Charlie,

With the occasional nip of whisky to stave of the cold when we are running around the hills in our kilts trying to catch the haggis!!!!!

Lucky