PDA

View Full Version : Fed up

Typer
27-09-10, 12:09
Iv had a good 6 days with hardly any palps. Now today I had a couple after eating a bag of crisps (potatoe chips). I was then standing in the bathroom and my heart seemed to just stop for a few beats. I stood there waiting for it to start...it felt like slow motion. Not followed by a thump either but the long pause was after a few thumps about a minute before that.

Then what happened is that panic set in. I was doing so, so well. I hate to think these things will be around now for maybe life. And the constant changing of them. Each time they change, a new fear comes with that

gypsywomen
27-09-10, 12:24
hi did you know crisps contain loads of fat and salt maybe you reacted

Pudding
27-09-10, 14:20
Hi Typer, my goodness you've come such a long way!!! I posted a reply on one of your threads quite a while ago and you were having them all day every day, that's such good news! I get them so often too since my heart attack 4 years ago but I have found that certain medications make mine worse (Mebeverine for ibs) is one, can't imagine why and quite a few foods do too. Some breads, mainly white ones and lots of snack type foods such as crisps. I tend to stick to the 'no additive' ones now. Sunflower oil can react with some people too. It's a really horrid thing and sometimes I get them for days on end and it makes you feel really odd and breathless, then they go off and I'm not too bad for a while. Chin up Typer!

Regards
Fran

Typer
27-09-10, 17:32
Its true, they have receded from that time Fran. In those days, some days I could not walk from one room to another without feeling I'd fall.

I still have them mildly but every now and then, like today they go all weird and make me panic

Pudding
28-09-10, 09:29
I know just what you mean, it doesn't matter how long I've had them and how mild they are I still get nervous of them. I'm afraid my heart will stop or I will pass out or something. I hope you are feeling better today though Typer.

Fran

Typer
28-09-10, 11:41
A little thanks.

Gypsy...that is a good point re crisps. Though some days I can eat absolutely anything and get none.

I have been a bit upset about a few things these past three days. Maybe its that.