PDA

View Full Version : wierd sensation in left cheek?

missykat
27-09-10, 18:10
hi there everyone hope all is keeping well :D
the past few weeks now i have been experiencing what feels like a tightning on my left cheek on my face almost like someone is pushing down on it last a few seconds very brief! comes and goes truout the day. its starting to worry me abit :weep: like its clenching up but its not :shrug: anybody experience this?

missykat
27-09-10, 18:54
anybody????:yesyes:

Vixxy
27-09-10, 18:58
I cant say Ive felt anything like that before. I think unless its causing you pain then its just one of those things. I wouldnt worry too much over it :)

missykat
27-09-10, 19:00
yeah it aint causing me pain more like a sensation that makes me wonder :shrug:

Vixxy
27-09-10, 19:06
I had a wierd sensation like someone pulling a bit of string under the skin of my arm. As soon as my anxiety lessened, it went.
Try to keep a note of when it happens. After food for instance. You might notice a reason as to why its happening.

missykat
27-09-10, 19:19
well im suffering from a bit of a cold at the mo so that cud be it, but it has been happening for about two weeks or so, cud be sinus related or due to my ears being blocked and full and now using ear drops. oh well. im assuming it will go away :scared15: its always something

Vixxy
27-09-10, 19:38
If youre having sinus problems then it might be that a nerve in your jaw is being pressed on by the "infection" in your sinus/ears.
I get tooth ache when my sinus are playing up... wierdly is my bottom teeth that hurt lol

missykat
27-09-10, 19:49
yeah thats wierd :D well it cud be alot of things after all but nothing life threatning i hope!! :ohmy: hate getting all these wierd symptoms

missykat
28-09-10, 10:23
still have it today and now have convinced myself its a brain tumor :shrug: feeling the tightnes around my left temple also just a constant strange pressure :unsure: dont know what to do as its not sore at all. it happens about 4 times a day but sometimes it just lingers

missykat
28-09-10, 10:38
:weep:

Vixxy
28-09-10, 10:40
Im no expert, but a brain tumour would probably cause symptoms that would be more or less permenant as this kind of thing would be caused by the pressure of it on the nerves in your head. The fact that it comes and goes suggests to me that its not caused by a tumour.

missykat
28-09-10, 10:48
i hate all the worry. whenever i feel the pressure im like oh no maybe its because the tumor is pressing down on my face or something. and when i was lying in bed i got a sharp pain in my head then straite after i got that cheek feeling again and it made me EXTRA worried

Vixxy
28-09-10, 10:52
What would you tell me if I was saying the same thing? Would you be convinced I had a tumour, or would you logically give me advice?

missykat
28-09-10, 10:54
i wouldnt be thinking there was anything seriosuly wrong with you, i would be thinking ita got to do with anxiety or something, but when its ureself u always think the worst dont you :unsure: perhaps aswel im thinking about it waaaaaay to much. only last week i was convinced i had something else

missykat
28-09-10, 10:58
grrrrrrrrrrr wanna feel normal!!!!:wacko:

Vixxy
28-09-10, 11:47
I think you need to try and focus on something other than yourself. Ive been in your shoes and I know how scary it is, but if you can try and think about the problem objectivly then you'll start to realise theres nothing wrong with you.
Have you tried CBT? It really helped me to get past my problems.

andy404
28-09-10, 14:31
My doctor told me that anxiety can cause tingling in the face, hands and feet due to the way you breathe when anxious and I sometimes get it in my lip which terrified me at first (thought I had a brain tumor), but it went away eventually just like all my other symptoms!

missykat
29-09-10, 19:17
dont think i had it today now so thats good maybe just a deep moving kinda sensation in my temples. im suffering from a bad cold at the mo so cud all be related. have stopped worrying just a lilttle anyway. i got the tingling sensation in my feet and and scratchy feeling all over my arms like spiders on me! thats when my anxiety was at its peek tho.

Vixxy
29-09-10, 19:28
Good for you. You sound less stressed too :)

AliceMay
29-09-10, 22:38
Don't worry! there are more muscles in the face than anywhere in the body. i'm not a doctor but i doubt its anything worse than a muscle spasm or a trapped nerve. If you stress you'll just get more tense muscles.

Don't stress, maybe tell yourself don't worry now but write down in your diary in a few weeks if the pain's still thee go to the doctors and untill then try not to think about it =)

x

missykat
30-09-10, 08:29
they are kinda slow movements feeling if ya get me? noticed wen im super stressed it happens. just get overly obsessed about brain tumors cause my dad died of one 4 years ago. so constantly think of that and how im gunna get one too u know. :sad:

dodo
30-09-10, 09:34
OK so I'm wondering if we have a similar thing. I have in my right temple this feeling like someone is pressing their thumb down on my face. It is sometimes in my cheekbone as well and my face feels tight just there.

I did have a stuffy right nostrel a couple of days ago but that seems to have worn off but I still have this pressing down feeling. It's odd and it's annoying me.

missykat
30-09-10, 09:47
yeah i think they sound quite similar to me. like on my temples at times or most of the day its like a sensation of pressure bein applied constantly but its not sore just annoying like u said. then my cheek thing is like its bein stretched up the way or tightning, happens out of the blue and feels tite, suffering from a bad cold at the mo so i dont know. my anxiety has flared up recently so just could be another symptom. doesnt stop me worrying tho

dodo
30-09-10, 09:56
Yes it sounds the same. I wonder if it is just a sinus thing. I do hope so as my mind is going round and round with tumours and ms and stroke at the moment.

missykat
30-09-10, 10:11
i know :weep: wish it wud just go away! woke up at 4am lastnite and started to think about it and i made myself panick over it! always seems worse at nite or approaching the evenings. sinus related cud be likely. as i said it to my pharmacist and she said sounds like sinus when i was gettin my cold medication

dodo
30-09-10, 10:18
Steam your face and see if it feels better

missykat
30-09-10, 11:37
ill will try that later on and ill see how it takes effect for me :)

missykat
30-09-10, 19:00
i tried that and it was ok no real improvement. did it do anything for u? also do u ever get the feeling ure cheeks are hot and there is something underneath them pushing out pressure. ive got that now its so irritating.

dodo
30-09-10, 19:33
I think it takes a couple of goes. It hasn't done an awful lot for me either and I feel really dizzy as well. Your cheeks might be hot from the steam, it does that to me for a while after.

missykat
30-09-10, 21:06
yeah the steam made my cheeks hot thats right :doh:haha. well ill give it another go now before i head to bed and again before i head off in the morning. its defo worth a shot anyway.

dodo
30-09-10, 21:58
So how are you feeling now, is it still there? Does your cheekbone or anything hurt or does it go into your eyebrow bone at all? Do you get a cold feeling there at all?

missykat
30-09-10, 22:21
no they dont hurt at all, just a pressure feeling. kinda does go into my eyebrow bone yeah and temples. sometimes now i get a feeling as tho water is on my face cold water and the odd tingling. maybe over anaylsing it now tho :) i did notice like if im with my daughter playing with her and stuff and occupied i dont get it. so i think when im stressing over it, it makes the symptom more intense

dodo
30-09-10, 22:28
Yes I agree with you there. The thinking about it makes it worse for me. I am hating this as I can't stop thinking about it and am convincing myself I'm having mini strokes or something. I can tell it's getting to bedtime...

missykat
30-09-10, 22:32
i hear ya, always for me when the evenings draw to an end i start to worry more and ponder on every single thing! i went tru a stage where i thought i was gunna have a stroke its terrifying. but then when u wake the next morning u realise u are fine and u survived lol :D ooooh its a horrible thing

floral
11-05-18, 22:36
I am suffering with this horrible sensation for 3 months now. I have visited many doctors but nobody really knows what it is. Everyone just says that it might be this or that... Of course I've been googling so I made myself freak out sometimes...but in reality it is just this pressure in my cheek, as if someone is pulling or pushing on it also it comes and goes and is worse in the evening. This is the only forum I found where someone is having similar issues. Please, how are you? Did it go away?

I'm so frustrated over this...nobody knows what it is and it's making me crazy!!!