PDA

View Full Version : Still worried

dodo
27-09-10, 20:53
Well I went to the opticians today and they didn't notice any irregularities with the health of my eyes.

Question is though I still have the numb patch on my lip and I'm really freaking out about it. But opticians can detetct tumours in the brain and strokes etc can't they, so surely that rules that out?

I'm due to see the Dr at the end of the week but I am just so anxious about this. It's not getting any worse but it's not particularly getting any better, although it's not there all the time.

paula lynne
27-09-10, 21:00
Great news you were given the all clear at the opticians. Actually, the optic nerve leads to the brain, and opticians have very strong magnifying equipment to see a little of the brain, so youve had the all clear, its positive. x

dodo
27-09-10, 21:06
Would they definitely pick up if it was a tumour though? They used a special machine which looks at the backs of your eyes etc and I know they have spotted tumours and strokes in people before.

I'm still really scared though as I would have expected this to have worn off by now. I feel quite sick this evening as well.

paula lynne
27-09-10, 21:08
They would have DEFINATELY spotted a problem. You passed with flying colours. You need to calm down, thats why you feel sick. Try and relax, brush your teeth, suck mints, take a bath, read a book...x

dodo
27-09-10, 21:09
Also what worried me yesterday (and I know I shouldn't have doen this) but I read that the nerve supply to the face doesn't pass through the neck. SO the numbness can't possible have anything to do with my crick neck which is what I suspected to be the cause. So that has worried me further.