PDA

View Full Version : Anyone had panic attacks due to Implanon?

gemstar07
27-09-10, 22:40
Hi, sorry it's another question. If you've read my earlier post you will see my panic attacks have returned after a year. I had the implant put in in February and my boyfriend's mum suggested perhaps this has something to do with them coming back. Was wondering if anyone has had a similar experience due to Implanon. Thanks Gem

nomorepanic
27-09-10, 22:52
I just had a quick look and there are a few posts about this.

Click on search then enter "implanon" and click on titles only.

Also scroll down to the bottom of this page and you will see similar threads....

gemstar07
27-09-10, 23:17
Thanks Nicola :)

Jessika
23-07-12, 23:52
Hi! Iv had my implant in for a year and a bit now, and will be getting this removed in two days. Iv been having trouble with panic attacks ever since I got the thing! I thought it was just me going mad but then I thought id look up on the internet to see if any other girls have this problem and turns out im not the only one! So its to be gone! I went to the doctor and they didnt mention anything about my implant and only that its my stress level (Yet I didnt feel stressed at all or had no reason to feel stressed) So they gave me anti-depressant pills (which havent really helped) But anyways thank you for sharing! Good luckkkk!

Jess

Tufty
24-07-12, 08:05
Hi Jess,
I had a mirena coil 10 years ago - it's got the same hormone in as the implant, within 2 days of having it fitted until I had it removed a year later I had panic and anxiety. The doctors said it was nothing to do with it, said you only get tiny amounts of the hormone but it is a drug and if you are sensitive it can affect you in adverse ways especially if you're prone to stress and anxiety. Just thought I'd share my experience.
Having the implant out is easy but remember you can get pregnant straight away so be careful!
Love Sam