PDA

View Full Version : Went to Gp re:Aortic Reflux......

paula lynne
28-09-10, 10:26
Hi Friends, its been 3 months since diagnosis, but I finally made it to gp.
Doctor google said 85%-95% of sufferers will be dead 10 years after diagnosis.
My gp says ten years after diagnosis is when they START looking into possible valve replacement, (there has to be an element of heart failure first).
So I wont be dead in ten years, I'll be starting treatment. Dr Google BE GONE!
Also, these ectopic beats Im getting are nothing to do with Aortic Reflux. Its just something Ive got to deal with.
The pins and needles may be anxiety, but she mentioned carpal tunnel (which my dad had an operation for), and is sending my for nerve conduction tests in a couple of monthes to rule it out.
Also she is doing full bloods end of october, as she mentioned "hormonal changes" (menopause) could be giving me pins and needles.

I spent a good 10 minutes with her, and my hubby was there too. She weighed me, over 13 stone now, and suggested I aim for a stone weight loss, (Im 5'6, big bones). I laughed and said due to vertigo and anxiety I cant really exercise, but we compromised with swimming, which I love, on days when I feel less ill (after my period). All in all, a positive day...got to gp, feel she is doing bloods/nerve tests to rule things out, and not so worried about Aortic Reflux now. Would love to hera how any of you deal with ectopic beats )checked the forum, but it was mostly horror stories and it made me anxious), I would like to know how to deal with them x

She suggested relaxation, told her Im going to a spa...and I WILL GO, as Im a bit more relaxed now that I know my condition isnt serious yet. Thanks for all your support guys. Much love, Paula xxxxx:yesyes:

calm
28-09-10, 10:33
paula...oh my love...i am oh so pleased....and yes no more google!

its so good that she spent the time with you to reassure you it makes all the difference.

much love paula and once again i am oh so so pleased xxxxxx

paula lynne
28-09-10, 11:08
Thank you my friend xx:hugs:

calm
28-09-10, 11:15
oh paula..no problem at all..i was thinking of you when i awoke and praying that it was a good outcome xxxxx

Hazel B
28-09-10, 11:29
That's good news, a thorough health check.
I can't help with ectopic beats but do know you have done all you can to put your mind at ease and I'm ever so pleased for you. x x

Vixxy
28-09-10, 11:51
Great news. It must have been very scary after reading google!
As for exercise. I would try and do some even on the days when youre not feeling great. Even going for a walk to the end of your street with your husband will do the trick. In fact I bet itll leave you feeling positive that even when you were feeling poorly you managed to pick yourself up and get on with it!

MidnightCalm
28-09-10, 12:04
Great news, I'm glad you're feeling reassured and that you now have some piece of mind, Google can be a right nasty piece of work sometimes!
x

paula lynne
28-09-10, 12:04
Thanks guys...xxxx yes I will have to step out of my comfort zone, and get out a bit...wish bloody vertigo would go though..but will try. x

calm
28-09-10, 12:06
you will do it paula...you are such a strong lady...and help us so much on here xxxx you will xxxxx

paula lynne
28-09-10, 12:08
Im going to stop saying WHAT IF?
Im going to start saying SO WHAT IF...!:wacko:

paula lynne
28-09-10, 13:32
Can anyone give me any ideas how to deal with/manage ectopic beats please? I want to be pro-active about this and would really appreciate some comments about your experiences. x Thanks in advance x:)

ladybird64
28-09-10, 19:26
Maybe start with this Paula, not sure if you have read it yet.

http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/articles/palpitations

Stay positive :hugs:

nomorepanic
28-09-10, 19:32
Coughing is supposed to help them.