PDA

View Full Version : scary tingling anyone?

jada
28-09-10, 14:04
Hi.

Yesterday, my doc prescribed cipralex.

Due to past experiences with SSRI's, I'm getting myself into a panic about taking them.

Previously, I've tried to take fluoxetine, paroxetine and venlafaxine (not all at once!) but each drug caused me to have scary tingling (especially in my legs and up and over my head) which really freaked me out :scared15:

Has anyone experienced this with cipralex?

24hours on and I am struggling to find the courage to open the scary lil' box :weep:

KK77
28-09-10, 15:11
I haven't taken escitalopram (Cipralex) before but I did get weird tingling sensations with sertraline initially. It can be a side effect of these meds but it shouldn't last beyond a few weeks at most.

The main thing is that it helps your anxiety/depression so take the plunge because you'll never know till you take 'em lol

Good luck - you should be fine Jada.

jada
28-09-10, 16:32
Thanks Melancholia.
I'm building myself up to take the plunge hopefully a bit later today after I have come home from my dance class (can't run the risk of throwing a wobbly on the dancefloor due to weird side effects :D)

KK77
28-09-10, 17:22
Wise move - that would really cramp your style lol

Enjoy your class :yahoo:

randomworry
28-09-10, 22:09
hi jada............youve been on paroxitine and venlafaxine were they hard to come off.
i know i might get slated for saying this but if i were you i would try to overcome your anxiety or whatever naturally. if you are a dancer the natural endorphins will be better for you in the long.

sorry im really anti anti-antidepressants because ive had bad experiences with them.

Kerry B
28-09-10, 22:27
Hi I was on Cipralex for 8 months and have never had and tingling sensation at all so hopefully you won't have any either. Good luck

jada
28-09-10, 23:36
Thanks Kerry :)

Well, I had my fix of natural endorphins in my dance class...I do try and exersise, walk, dance as much as i can and it helps alot :)

Sadly, i have to come home to an empty house and face my fear of being alone with thoughts of my cancer coming back; of other health problems, money problems, panic attacks, night terrors...the list goes on...so taking medication has become my last resort randomworry. I have held out for seven years without medication and i hate the thought of taking antidepressants but i am now desperate.

I took the plunge and have managed to swollow my first tablet...2hours later, just feel a bit ickie but no other side effects as yet. yay :)

randomworry
29-09-10, 19:03
hey jada
sorry to hear bout your problems. im sure you will come out of it stronger.
im sure you have a great oncology team looking after you so try your best to not let the fear get the better of you.
all the best to you. take care

what type of dancing do you do by the way.........salsa, ball room, hip hop?!

jada
29-09-10, 20:06
Hey :)
Thanks randomworry.

I do latin line...salsa,mambo,samba,tango etc...no partner required...just dance the cares away hey!:D can highly recommend it!

KK77
29-09-10, 20:58
Hey :)

I do latin line...salsa,mambo,samba,tango etc...no partner required...just dance the cares away hey!:D can highly recommend it!

Right, I'll be over straight away. What's the address...? :D

Let us know how you get on Jada (with the meds that is lol).

jada
29-09-10, 21:28
Right, I'll be over straight away. What's the address...? :D

Let us know how you get on Jada (with the meds that is lol).

:D haha. Do you live anywhere near birmingham?

I just took my second tablet today and things are looking gooooood :)
My blood pressure is down from 185/105 to 135/75 for starters! :yesyes:...think I need to go out and celebrate (erm...its a pity I got social phobia)...that's the beauty of linedancing...no need to make eye contact with anyone :ohmy:

KK77
01-10-10, 19:48
Birmingham? Lordy, no. So that's where it's all happening these days lol

Glad all seems to be going well - that first BP reading was a tad high!

jada
01-10-10, 20:21
:D haha. Do you live anywhere near birmingham?

Goodness gracious me melancholia!!!!...reading that back, it makes me sound like a brazen jezabel!!!! You are a blokie!!!!!! :scared15:
I honestly and mistakenly thought you were a ladette...I was invitin' you for a girlie nite out :roflmao:

What's more...i am terrified of men!!!! Looks like I've just overcome one of me fears without even knowing it!!!! How cool is that???:yesyes:

KK77
01-10-10, 20:40
:roflmao: There are a few of us rare species around here - still....

So the Mel therapy works then! That'll be £500.00 please.

(Cheques made payable to Miss Melancholia.)

jada
01-10-10, 20:44
You are priceless! :D

KK77
01-10-10, 22:09
You are priceless! :D

Oh you charmer! You've been practising ;)

jada
02-10-10, 07:15
Oh you charmer! You've been practising ;)

Wow! How do you do it???... my lack-of-confidence-anxiety has vanished!!:yesyes:

Cheque's in the post :)

sammi
13-11-10, 22:41
Hi just found this thread and wondered if you ever did get tingling I started cipralex a month ago just upped my dose last night to 10mga nd have really bad tingling like all over bit freaky if I'm honest. Hope your doing well on the meds:D are they helping? X

hamish
15-11-10, 18:54
hi im 5 weeks on it and ive started to get severe tingling in head its doing my head in to be honest
i was 2 weeks on 10mg then up to 20 i take it in drop form as i cudnt tolerate the tabs
i feel better albeit the tingling sensation

sammi
15-11-10, 19:40
Is it like a prickling sensation I get it on my face arms legs finger tips x

jada
15-11-10, 21:44
I get it in my shins. It was quite severe to start with. Either the effect has worn off slightly or I have gotten used to it now...I am not noticing it half so much as when I started taking the meds.

I am doing quite well. Thank you for asking. I think the meds with a combination of relaxation techniques and deep breathing plus healthy diet and exersise has been of great benefit :)

sammi
15-11-10, 21:47
That's great glad they are helping :) I've been on it a month and get it all over hope it wears off soon x

hamish
05-12-10, 16:40
yes its like prickling sammi

lupusaeth
07-12-10, 17:34
I got it when I started out and when I tried to come off them. I think it's just a normal side effect.