PDA

View Full Version : From Citalopram to Setraline

nicebeaver
28-09-10, 18:23
Hey, have been on Citalopram for many years with no ill effects just upped and downed doses as the depression came and went.
Now after having a baby have gone up to 50mg and it isn't even making a dent in it.
Having major anxiety attacks, depressions, unreality, unable to eat and cannot function.
Tried Diazepam alongside 50mg but made me spaced out which was no good with 14 week old baby to look after.
Have been to psychiartrist today who has advised coming off citalopram and going on to Setraline whilst using Diazepam.
Anyone had any experience of this who can advise? And how should I take the Diazepam? I have 2mg tabs which they say can take 2 3 times a day. Should I take full dose while I change or as I need it?
Would really appreciate any comments.
xx

lucyy_21
15-10-10, 00:06
Hiya (: i've been on citalopram for a year now, 30mg. And after the docs today i'm swapping to setraline 50mg. Will probably start taking them in a couple of days because need a chance to get to the chemist but how did you get on changing? After checking out the forum on setraline most of the post are negative haha. How did you find it? Also, any side effects?
Hope it went well!
Lucy xx