PDA

View Full Version : Shoulder and Neck Tension

PinkLady
02-03-04, 15:03
I have been bothered for a long time with tension in my shoulders and neck. It is really bad at this time and radiates down my arms and
sometimes in my chest. I thought I was doing better with my anxiety
and although the pain is consistant I am still remaining calm.
I am just wondering if anyone can tell me how to relieve these shoulder and neck tension?

Trina

Trina

Laurie28
02-03-04, 15:21
Hiya Trina,

Have you thought about getting a good massage to relive the tension (or an indian head massage I've heard is good!)

A nice long bath with some nice lavendar oil may help as well

Take Care
Lucky

red
02-03-04, 15:34
Hi Trina

I get this a lot! As well as what Lucky has suggested, try clasping your hands down, at the back of your body, and raise them up, still clasped, as high as you can. Hold for a few seconds then relax. Repeat a few times (3-4) and you will soon feel a difference. Also, 'press-ups' on the wall can help. Hands flat against the wall, shoulder height, feet about 2 foot away and do a handstand movement - this also strengthens your back muscles as well as relieving tension pain in the nueck, chest and arms.

Hope that helps!

Red
x

Meg
02-03-04, 18:00
Trina,

Swimming is good too as is yoga and the specific exercises as Red has suggested already, but if it's got to a persistant stage and even radiating, a massage is most beneficial and also removes lots of built up toxins as well as relieving lots of tension and youll find it won't build up again nearly as fast as you're doing so much better now. (Update in 'sucess' perhaps !)

Your anxiety may be much improved - well done !! but you are probably still holding lots of angst in your body from previously.

Many beauty schools need people for the students to work/learn massage on - for greatly reduced rates.

Meg

Watch your thoughts, they become your words...
Watch your words, they become your actions... Watch your actions, they become your habits... Watch your habits, they become your character... Watch your character, it becomes your destiny...

red
02-03-04, 18:25
Hiya

Just to add what Meg has just said - colleges are actually doing case study massages for free at the moment! Each student needs to do 4 case studies and 12 other one offs for assessments - it's a good time to try! I know this for sure 'cos I'm doing the course now and am looking for people!! Do you live near Warrington?

Good luck

Red
x

Meg
02-03-04, 19:38
Trina's in Canada !

But hey , I'll pop up on way to or from one of my units up there .

I was in Liverpool today - if only I'd known !

red
02-03-04, 21:18
lol!!! So she is!!! Well, I do house calls too!

Sorry Trina!

Nic - you are welcome any time - let me know when you are around again and I'll see if I am free!

Red
x

nomorepanic
02-03-04, 21:31
Red - cheers :-)

Where do you live please?

Nicola

PinkLady
03-03-04, 14:11
THANK YOU ALL!
I AM CALLING FOR A MASSAGE TODAY!

Trina