PDA

View Full Version : Cannot see a light at the end

Fly away Katie
28-09-10, 18:36
Everything in my life has come to a head these past few weeks. I've realised that I cannot take any more. :weep: *I'm actually crying now*:weep:
I've been called self-centered by people that I thought loved me. (I'm not selfish atall, Im just currently self-focused, because of my recent STRONG health worries)

I cant concentrate in my classes.. and My friends dont even listen to me anymore. If the whole class laughs at something I dont, If I DO laugh at something No one else does.. I feel so damn alone :( Like I dont fit in. Ive just wanted to stay home the past week, and have a good old cry cuddling my toy bunny (such a big kid at heart) :P But anyway...

Heres my recent health anxiety story...

About 3 weeks ago, I got pain in my right bottom tummy (not severe) But I totally freaked out every day, and worried none stop every single day (what ifs, appendix ect).. and then it went for a few days :)... then it came back :mad:... and NOW for the pst 3 days, its felt like wind. (in my right bottom still.. but a bit more higher aswel)
Like when I push (for the loo) It hurts like mad.. and I have been passing alot of wind aswell (sorry)... So I got on with uni life...
But just now, I had a wee.. And I got really DEEP pain in my pubic bone area after the wee... and then I had a no 2 aswell.. and i felt a bit better...
Now (half an hour later) the pain in the pubic bone and tummy has calmed down quite a bit... But WHAT on earth caused that pain? :ohmy:

See, mum, the doc and my sis think its just IBS.... The doc said it wasnt anything bad (but that was before the wind feelings like a week ago)

But what I want to know is has ANNYONE experienced all of my symptoms that has IBS? I know its a b*gger... but Id rather have IBS then anything serious...

The pain in the right bottom tummy, went into my groin for a week aswell.

Also my poos dont look that great...

Lots of love Katie.. ANY help would brighten life x x x x x x

nikki3158
28-09-10, 18:45
dont worry, you will be suprised at how painful having wind can be and where it causes you to hurt. Ive had it on lots of occassions where the pain has brought me to tears but as soon as i pass the wind it eases but can be uncomfortable for a long time after. Your doctor I think would be absoloutely right about ibs and if it was anytthing like appendix you would have other symptoms. Both my mum and brother have had appendicitis and my mums pain started in her back and my brothers pain started the opposite side to his appendix. They both had really high tempretures and vommiting and both fainted so i really dont think its this. Try going back to your doctor and asking him if all the symptoms can be attributed to ibs. dont worry though

CrazyCatLady
28-09-10, 21:26
You're not alone Katie, but I appreciate that it can feel like that at times. It's difficult for people to understand anxiety unless they've experienced it themselves.

IBS can cause a huge amount of pain! It can also put pressure up against your bladder inside as gas builds up etc.

Do you keep a food diary? Just wondered if maybe you had a food intolerance.

xxx

ozjeff
29-09-10, 00:05
try not to worry katie,
ive had ibs since the beginning of this year for the first time ever,
its bloody awful, funnily enough it doesnt cause me panic.
my coworkers, on the other hand have cause for concern.
not only can i huff and puff & blow the house down, i can render once fertile lands sterile.
they want danger money.
i cant help it, it only happens when i eat something with food in it.
seriously though, its no fun, the cramps ,the sitting on the loo for half an hour, the pains, the wind, its all part & parcel & its always there even when i dont feel particularly anxious, im sure it will go on its own in time:yesyes:

jothenurse
29-09-10, 00:38
I have IBS and I have a lot of pain that can go on for a few days. So, that's probably what it is.

flamarella
29-09-10, 01:36
oh hunny sorry you feel that way, i also go through that with my friends they think im a stupid and crazy. it makes me mad because if you have no idea what im going through shut your mouth and just be there for me =(. my husband also thinks im a baby. ive learned to just keep it to myself come in here and vent to the people that know what i am feeling and will not judge me ...

... by the way i have been a "farter" since i was a child non stop lol and my stomach pains are usually right at the top where it feel as if im hungry but not at the same time.. .. you prob have a urinary track infection. it causes pain when you pee .. just relax go by some cranberry juice and drink a lot of it .. hope you feel better hun

Fly away Katie
29-09-10, 22:24
Awwww thank you for all of your wonderful support. I'm truley blessed to have friends like you :) x x x x x x x

caz1625
29-09-10, 22:39
Hi Katie

When the pain is really bad try sipping a cup of boiled water. It breaks the wind and eases the pain. I have been doubled up on the floor with the pain from trapped wind before. It's horrible :weep:

Carol xx