PDA

View Full Version : Tentative hello......

Cultchy
28-09-10, 19:01
Hello everyone, my name is Gavin and i have suffered from depression for many years and along with it bouts of anxiety of varying degrees. I have good days which are great but when the bad days come they are hard and no matter what i try to do i just can't lift myself.

Lately i have started to have anxiety issues again and i cannot pin point a cause or even a feeling underlying the anxiety. It is very frustrating and i am finding it hard to cope.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Sorry to bother you all with my problems.

nomorepanic
28-09-10, 19:02
Hi Cultchy

A huge warm welcome to nmp.

You'll get loads of advice and support here and make some lovely friends along the way.

Best wishes

Hazel B
28-09-10, 19:46
Welcome, you have come to a good place.
My main problem is anxiety after 3 years of hell, but it also makes me feel low at the same time.
It's no bother to reply, that's what the forum is for. What help are you getting - have you seen your GP? Do you have counselling? Soz to ask questions but there are so many ways that people on this site get help and also help themselves.
Take care.

ditzygirl
28-09-10, 20:34
Hi Cultchy

and welcome to this fab site. you are not a bother to anyone, we can all relate to how your feeling and I hope you find it reassuring to share with us. Anxiety and depression can be lonely - not everyone wants to understand but we do coz we suffer too.

there is a lot of brilliant info on here and if all else fails just getting your frustration out will help you - you'll see.

look forward to gettig to know you.

paula lynne
28-09-10, 21:02
Hi Gav, and welcome aboard the good ship nmp...:welcome:

Vanilla Sky
29-09-10, 15:37
Hi and welcome to NMP :welcome:
Paige

Cultchy
03-10-10, 17:21
Hey Hazel B. I am on a lot of medication and also seeing psychologists and it helps but when the bad days come, they really floor me :weep: I just can't seem to let go of the past and it is killing me slowly.

I just don't know what to do when i feel this way :(

Fly away Katie
03-10-10, 17:43
Helloo and welcome to the forum x x x x x x

Hazel B
03-10-10, 17:58
Hey, we all get bad days, I tell myself time will pass and I will be OK. I am worst in the mornings, so let time pass and it gets easier.
Hope you are OK.

Cultchy
04-10-10, 18:41
Thanks for the advice :-)

Hazel B
04-10-10, 19:14
I keep thinking it will fool my brain if I say "it will pass" but it does work as it calms me down a bit.
Are you getting help from your GP to cope with your low days?