PDA

View Full Version : One battle won :)

Ambers
28-09-10, 20:39
I have got the train to work two days in a row and it was easy(ish) :ohmy:

I am so happy, and weeks back I wouldn't even leave my bedroom.

I know it is not over..but I have won this battle..till the next one at least.

Anyway.. still nervous about the train ride, but once I got on I looked for some friendly looking faces and sat next to them...an elderly married couple and a student looking guy with a brilliant afro, for some odd reason they looked nice, strong and dependable...and my thinking was that if 'something went wrong' they would 'be there' for me.

I also told my body that it was allowed to do as it wishes - it could shake, It could feel sick, I could faint and my heart was allowed to bash away at my chest but I was still going to work and my 'will' would get me there.

I also decided not to worry about what others thought of the mad woman (me). These things pretty much made me relax enough to stay seated and 20 minutes later I was at my stop getting off without any major panic attack (I did feel some slight stress, but I could deal with this)

Even my boss remarks how much better I seemed - previously I was shaking all day long and my words were slurred/mixed-up because I was dealing with the aftermath of a panic attack on the way to work.

Today I felt happy with what I have achieved and even thinking about travelling accross London by train/tube from Berkshire to Essex at the weekend to visit friends :) ... well maybe!

ladybird64
28-09-10, 20:41
This should be in the success stories section!

Congratulations on how well you did :hugs:

paula lynne
28-09-10, 20:53
Brilliant Ambers...just brilliant x:D

mandie
28-09-10, 22:55
Well done thats great news :yesyes:

love mandie x

olderfella
29-09-10, 08:13
Well done Ambers your a star keep it going:D

Helen19
29-09-10, 08:23
Absolutely brilliant ..... A massive well done :yesyes:

angels22165
29-09-10, 08:46
Im so pleased for you, well done you :) :D

Ambers
29-09-10, 09:33
Thank you all...we can all do it, in our own time. Still lots of other things to face, but today is still a good day. :)

Nigel H
29-09-10, 10:01
A great example of 'feel the fear and do it anyway' thinking.

The very fact that you gave yourself permission to do the one thing you fear [react/panic in public] may well have been the thing that has set you free!

Anxiety is caused by a fear of the future and in giving yourself permission, you took away the power of that old problem. Kind of like beating a 'bully' to the punch-line about your weakness, means he can't look big in front of his mates, so doesn't bother!

So now you are free to focus on what you want, such as visiting friends and enjoying the journey, knowing that you will enjoy their company on arrival.

Cool!!