PDA

View Full Version : Hey

Rena
28-09-10, 21:15
Hi, my name's Rena, I'm a 19 year old Psychology student in my 2 attempt at my first year at University. I've had mental health problems since I was 9 in the form of Tricotillomanic.

diane07
28-09-10, 21:17
Hi Rena

We just wanted to welcome you aboard to NMP. We hope you enjoy your stay here and get all the support and advice you need.

Please take some time to read the website articles on the left as well for loads of advice and tips.

paula lynne
28-09-10, 21:25
Hey yourself..and welcome xx I know nothing about your condition! . Glad to know you x:welcome:

KK77
28-09-10, 21:29
Hi and welcome Rena

I hope you find the site useful and I wish you all the best with your studies.

Rena
28-09-10, 21:33
Tricotillomania is basically compulsive hair pulling. Usually the hair on your head, eyebrows, eyelashes and other...areas. I tend to get it with my eyebrows and eyelashes. That's not the only problem though, I currently want to quit uni before i've even started the year because I'm terrified of talking to people irl. Since I was 10, I've worried that if something I do isn't perfect, I'll be punished in the form of being attacked, raped and killed by my friends and then when I have kids that punishment would be passed on to them instead of me. That's why I'm scared of talking to people, if I make friends with them then I'll have someone who can do that to me. So far, I've managed to prevent it from happening by repeatedly reading and researching rape and child abuse cases and keeping evidence that I've read it in the form of print outs and newspaper/magazine clippings. My mind tells me that if I do this then it will prevent those things from happening to me and keep the punishment at bay.

To me that sounds like OCD with Social Anxiety Disorder but my Psychiatrist doesn't have a clue what could be wrong and wont listen to me.

Fly away Katie
28-09-10, 22:04
Hello and welcome to NMP x x x

Vanilla Sky
29-09-10, 12:35
Hi ad welcome to NMP :welcome:
Paige x

paula lynne
29-09-10, 14:04
Oh hun, I feel for you....seriously consider getting a new gp etc...you are clearly suffering and need support. x:hugs: