PDA

View Full Version : New, with a doubt.

pato
29-09-10, 03:19
Hello guys, greetings from Argentina. I'm new to this forum and new to propranolol.

I have a couple of doubts you will hopefully help me answer.

Since propranolol is a beta blocker, does it block the "good" effects of an adrenalin rush? What I mean is, for example, when you are in an extreme situation (the car in front you brakes hard) that you have very good reflect and then you say, wow.. how did i do that? Or it just stops the "trembling" that could come during the adrenalin rush?

Can I mix it with alcohol?

My medic told me to take it when needed(I don't have severe problems), and told me I could also take it before a speech or musical performance. I searched the internet and it seems lots of people take it for this sole reason, how many hours before should I take it? Which dose? And the corolary with be.. if it works when you get nervous, if I get nervous talking to the ladies, would it make any improvement?

Thank you very much, sorry for so many questions

bye bye

pato

Vanilla Sky
29-09-10, 15:36
Hi , just wanted to welcome you to NMP :welcome:
Paige x

paula lynne
29-09-10, 16:11
Hi Pato, greetings from Wales! good to meet you x:welcome:

Vixxy
29-09-10, 18:20
hi there.
no it will not stop you from reacting quickly. Youre right that it stops the unwanted side effects of adrenaline like a racing heart and trembling.
I find that it starts to work within 30 minutes. I take 5mg and thats enough to stop shaking.