PDA

View Full Version : Waking up boiling and sweaty

uk23
29-09-10, 06:56
I am not sure why, the last few days I have been waking up really sweaty, the bedding is very damp. I am worried about Hodgkin's lymphoma - apparently this is quite common with this cancer.

Worried :(

suzy-sue
29-09-10, 07:04
I woke up like this today ..Its a sign of anxiety .Id had a weird dream .Horrible in fact ..When the mind is troubled its very common to wake up like this .Women have hese hot flushes and night sweats when they go thru the menopause .So its got to be down to hormones .Googling symptoms will always make you believe you have something serious .Try to avoid doing it .Its counter productive . sue x

Dahlia
29-09-10, 07:46
Anxiety can cause this, as Sue said- and it's also a side effect of many antidepressants.

uk23
29-09-10, 08:20
Im not on any medication though which worries me more

Clairalou
29-09-10, 10:46
I wouldn't worry I've had this happen a few times my partner who doesn't suffer from anxiety gets it all the time an he wakes up dripping in sweat. Dreaming can make this happen.
Xxx

MidnightCalm
29-09-10, 12:03
I've had this a lot lately and it's really starting to bother me.

MidnightCalm
29-09-10, 12:39
I guess it can't be hormonal for us guys, or menopause lol.

alicegreen
29-09-10, 12:48
Why on earth would you assume its due to lymphoma?

There are probably a hundred reasons to wake up in a hot sweat, one of them being that you are simply just hot!

MidnightCalm
29-09-10, 12:51
I think he's worried that it's regular.

bronte
29-09-10, 12:52
ive suffered with this on and off for years it so bad sometimes i have to put my hair up before going to bed because if i didnt my hair would be wet through so i have to keep it away from my face and neck i went to the Drs about it and she said it was stress related even if i didnt feel stressed i still had it so dont worry and with anything serious your bedding isnt damp its so wet you have to change the bedding i know because my friends dad has lymphoma hope this helps

richie.1k
29-09-10, 13:39
Hi Ya

I wouldnt worry about it. I have woken up sweating since the age of 17 (Im now 38) sometimes weeks go by and i wake up fine, other times i wake up at 2am and have to change the bed sheets because ive sweated so much every things soaked. Ive never known why, when i was younger i used to worry about it, but twenty years have gone by and im still fine, so try not to let it bother you.

nomorepanic
29-09-10, 16:17
I wake up most mornings with wet hair!

I get used to it now and it is not cancer!