PDA

View Full Version : weird sensation

LiquidSky
29-09-10, 11:13
Hi, just wondered if anyone has had this before.
This morning I woke up and felt my breathing wasn't right (I know I was actually breathing fine, but didn't feel like it, like my throat was warm) then all of a sudden, I went really hot all over, then had an intense wave of freezing cold all the way through me, that lasted about 30 minutes (like my blood had frozen) and a tingling sensation all over too, obviously my heart rate went up, but I didn't have a panic attack. Now, 4 hours later, I can still feel a warm tingling sensation in my head and arms and my throat feels really dry and like it's closing up (I know it isn't though).
I'm on 10mg Citalopram and I take the odd Diazepam.
Not had this feeling, or so intense like this ever before, it did freak me out a bit.
Any comments welcome please :)

ktloubish
29-09-10, 11:16
hiya
i get the same thing and its pretty scary!!!
i jus tell myself its my anxiety springing yet another symptom on me to try and send me into a panic, its still hard not to panic tho as it can feel so intense
Just 2 let u know ur not alone
ktloubish x

Vanilla Sky
29-09-10, 15:31
Hi Sky , sounds like panic to me . The hot and cold feeling is the adrenalin , the pins and needles as you know is your breathing . You must have woke up with a start or maybe your throat felt dry and it's amazing how quick panic sets in because we are usually looking for something to be wrong. Your throat will not close up , it is an anxiety symptom hun
Paige x

LiquidSky
29-09-10, 15:54
thanks ktloubish, it scared the heck out of me this morning, probably because I wasn't really awake as such, didn't help much. It's great having you people around though :)

thank you Paige, I've had adrenalin surges before, but never as intense as this one, really went freezing cold inside all over, but was warm to touch. *shudder* you're right, it startled me, so probably made it worse, not been able to calm down much all day lol.

Thank you both *hug*
x