PDA

View Full Version : Please read

ian414
29-09-10, 13:00
here we go...Anxitey Right...Oh Doctor what is wrong with me? my heart always seems to race no matter what i do, i feel so out of it Off balance all day to....Oh you poor thing sit down lets see whats wrong with you.
Its Anxitey (What Anxitey)? ok thats really made me feel so much better does that mean im ok and can do things everyone else can do? Yes of course you can its all in your mind.
Wow ok i will go out today and see how i feel thank you Doctor, of i go to the shopping mall, ok im fine so far, oh no here we go im feeling funny heart is racing opps farted oh wind dame it anyone looking, bet they can smell that, quick i need to move dont want the looks, ok lets do some shopping la la la la, god it feel warm in here need to hurry up to the till i go, Bloody hell Queue's what am i going to do god the trollys how much stuff she got, ok time to push in i need to get out, Excuse me do you mind if i go in front ive only got a few things, sure you can thank you....oh for god sake till change im going to pass wind again heart is going fast, oh lord how long does this take to change, come on im going to walk out in a min and not pay for this stuff, why me why do they do a till change now? yes the till is fine sit you bum down come on i need to get out, you ok love do you want a bag for that, no no no just take it and i will pay please, hows your day been today, for god sake yes yes yes it been great, oh my heart god i nee to hold onto the side i feel so faint...thats £10.54 please ok ok, here is my card, oh no oh no she dont have a card reader, what the hell, sorry love didnt you read the sign, we dont take cards on this till WHAT....i need to go....you will have to go to another till....i knoiw im feeling bad i just need to shout...no im going to leave it i will be back, where is the loo i so need to go.
Ok ive been to the loo need my stuff, where has it gone? oh sorry love its been put back onto the shelves...WHAT...ok calm down people are looking at you, why what do i look weird? do i smell or somthing, look away just calm down, oh no is this IBS now going to fart need to go where look over there god that was loud anyone looking. Wow that smells need to move quick, make sure theres no one behind you, the smell will linger...oh god please help me my heart is all over the place feel so off balance need to sit down.
Ok i calm i need to just go home forget the food...but i need it, ok lets try again, calm, dont worry just get you stuff ok got it, till till what one quick, oh no why are they so busy, make sure it takes a card, yep got one, 4 people in front ok hold on, hi do you mind if i go in front my wife is in the car going to drop any minute, oh thank you so much, wow at the front, he how are you today sir yes fine can we just get on with this please,...i nedd to get to my car my wife is going to drop any minute, oh sir really...yes please please i need to go, would you believe it there is a doctor int he queue, im a doctor i will come and see if she is ok, oh god now what, my heart is going really fast i feel so off balance what do i say oh quick think think, yes my phone its in my pocket, ok take it out and pretend its ringing no it need to be on silent as they wont hear it think im mad ok, Hello love you ok im in the queue wont be long>>>>oh your dada has taken you to the hospital oh ok thanks for letting me know, wow quick thinking or what, thanks for the offer doc but her dad has taken her to the hospital, out i go oh what a day im home now doing this letter on here never again but come on Anxitey is a pain in the arse....from me ian

MoonlightFire
29-09-10, 13:57
Phewy, that sounds like a very stressful shopping trip. I can totally relate to feeling off balance when you're out and the disruption it can cause to your day. I went through months last year when I was feeling dizzy, unbalanced and derealised...especially when I went outside the house. Shopping is hard when you feel that way but I guess all you can do is take your time, don't rush about and try to take slow deep breaths when you're feeling the anxiety symptoms. If you need to, go and sit down somewhere quiet for a few minutes and sip some water until you're feeling able to continue. If you're feeling anxious, foggy and dizzy in queues try and do something to ground yourself...like counting all the objects around you that are a particular colour or saying the names of objects around you in your head. I also found smells helpful when I was going through this...if I felt dizzy or unbalanced I'd sniff a strong smell like tiger balm or camphor oil (if smelling your own farts isn't enough ;) ). I know it sounds silly but those things really worked for me, they distracted me, focused my mind and stopped my thoughts and anxiety from wandering and getting out of control! I even took the tiger bnalm pot to work with me and sat there sniffing it...the other Marketing Execs thought it was quite funny but I really found it helped.

I'm sorry you've been having some trouble with your tummy. It's obviously causing you lots of distress and embarrassment. Has the doctor confirmed it's IBS? I must admit I've been having some stomach trouble too...loose stools some days, burping and needing to go to the loo more frequently than usual. I would highly recommend trying peppermint tea...a few cups a day. It has not only helped calm me in the evening but has helped with my poo problems too! Also, if you're feeling gassy sip some sparkling water...it helps you burp it all up and the fizziness helps settle your stomach.

Let us know how you get on.
Moonlight Xxx