PDA

View Full Version : sex/anxiety

bronte
29-09-10, 13:02
Hi is their any ha sufferers who are frightened of having sex with thier partner in case they bleed afterwards. I have had this phobia since i had a bout of bleeding between periods last year which turned out to be hormonal. But ever since then me and my partner havent had sex because of my phobia and it is putting a lot of strain on our relationship as anyone else have this problem and if you have how do you cope with it x

Jo3016
29-09-10, 14:39
Hi

I can completely understand this. I have had exactly the same thing!!

I had a lot of mid cycle bleeding which was finally sorted out last year with the pill as it was due to hormonal inbalances. I have also had cysts on my vulvar which have caused problems. I am worried about having sex at the moment too for the same reasons.

You are not alone!!

debs71
29-09-10, 15:53
Hi,

I also experienced bleeding after sex on occasions, and a little pain during when I had ovarian cysts earlier this year. It did make me quite worried before sex, but it wasn't an issue for my boyfriend and he was quite considerate so that did help my anxiety somewhat.

Thankfully, the cysts resolved on their own and the problem rectified. It is totally understandable to feel worried and anxious about it and as Jo said, you are not alone.xx

miss diagnosis
29-09-10, 17:10
yes i went through exactly the same thing when i was going through my cervical cancer worry phase.

We didnt have sex for months.luckily OH was very understanding.
sex became uncomfortable as i was so tense.once got smear all clear i was raring to go!

I did bleed from time to time. its not uncommon especially if you are too dry as you can tear a little so we use lube now and its fine.

bronte
29-09-10, 21:10
thankyou so much girls also when i removed my marina coil im sure i felt a bump on my cervix near the opening where the strings hang out of the cervix ive had about 3 internals since may also a normal smear a year ago and normal pelvic scans do you think it anything to worry about ive heard you can have cyst on your cervix or it could be normal i dont know x

Lissy43
29-09-10, 21:40
Me at the moment:(( I always worry how I would cope if I did bleed. I have a fear of bleeding this year.

We have had sex this year but I lately do feel abit anxious incase I bleed afterwards.

Fly away Katie
29-09-10, 22:29
Hello, I have actually blead after sex.. it kinda started my period off. *Grumps* lol.
Just go easy and slowley, and I cant see why youd bleed x x x

feminism_rocks
11-11-10, 21:54
I feel like this at the moment ! This site is brilliant, so reassuring to be able to read the stories of people going through similar experiences. Health anxiety is so difficult for people to understand when they don't suffer from it.

missykat
11-11-10, 22:08
im like that too :( went weeks and months without having sex! huuuge strain on our relationship. then one day i was like so fed up and felt horrible for my bf that i just bit the bullet, but immediately after i went to check for blood :( :( of course there wasnt any but still....big fear of cervical cancer. im sure it will pass tho like every other thing did :)