PDA

View Full Version : Agoraphobia...

IsolatedMoon
29-09-10, 14:26
Hello everybody...
I'm new to this site and this is my first post.
I've suffered from severe anxiety/panic attacks for over 7 years now, and it's ruining my life!
My panic attacks are so bad sometimes that it physically causes me to pass out.
I have OCD and suffer from depression and mood swings!
I've also been suffering from VERY bad agoraphobia more recently, to the point where I freak out and can't even open my front door. This is becoming a MAJOR problem for me, and it's depressing me beyond words!
I don't know anybody who understands what I'm going through so hopefully somebody here will...
The doctor has given me Citalopram and I have to go back to therapy as soon as I feel able to leave my house.
I feel like it's only getting worse with every day, week, month and year that go by...
I just want to feel human and live a 'normal' life.
I don't know what to do anymore...

paula lynne
29-09-10, 14:39
Hi and Welcome to a fantastic supportive site, youre not alone. Ive had agoraphobia, panic attacks and general anx for ten years, your not alone here. Good to know you, P x Read the threads on the left, great place to start x:welcome:

sb001f8994
29-09-10, 15:08
Hi and welcome. Ive found my confidence build and just knowing others on here are like me is a great help.
Ive been agoraphobic on and off for many years, more off than on Im glad to say. At the moment Im fighting back and getting out a bit and making my world that little bit bigger. Its a slow process but Im not giving in even though at times I feel like running a mile...if only! For me, I'd stayed in that long that I'd forgotten what life was like beyond my road, its changed, its exciting and I want to be a part of it again! Im in a rut and could really do with some proffessional help but my nhs area dont do home visits and until I can be strong enough to get to see a therapist I have to do this alone. It can be done but you have to be strong, you have to fight back and not let the panic bully you into submission. Its hard, very hard, there's been tears, anger but also a lot of joy as every time I do something new I feel boosted! There is another thread on here called agoraphobia and it might be worth a look. Me and a whole lot of us sufferers post about the daily chore of going out and it helps to read others struggle too and its also a great comfort to read success stories...and there are plenty.
Good luck and take care and if you need to talk just pm me xx