PDA

View Full Version : Im new and looking for suggestions.

Pentium
29-09-10, 16:17
Im new here and hoping for some answers/suggestions to my never ending world of worries..
I havent come across a site like this before, and im very glad i've found this one.
My post may be very long, and not very interesting to read however, i've waited so long to tell somone (who ever may read) how i've been feeling that i have a lot to get out!

Im 29 and lived 'worry' free life, unitl a year ago. I was at home when suddenly i started to feel very dizzy i stood up but couldnt seem to focus on anything around me.
The feeling seemed to last for a minute or two and i was left feeling very shaky and anxious about what had just happend.
I wanted so much to just forget it and move on, but for some reason i just couldnt forget that feeling and how scared i was of what might happen at that point.. that is when my life became consumed by ANXIETY..

Since then I have been a nervous wreck! The diziness has never really left me.. i can go weeks feeling fine.. then WHAM it hits me again, and i spend days feeling drunk and woozy, my head becomes so heavy almost like an intense pressure is being forced onto my head.
I have periods where i become so shaky and as weird as this sounds, no one can see me shaking but i sure as hell can feel it, I have a strange wooshing feeling in my body, that can only be described as the same feeling you get when going down a steep drop on a roller coaster.

I have seen various GP's who have diagnosed anxiety, i've had countless blood tests which were fine, i've had ecg's, liver and kidney tests, and i've also had an eeg as i was convinced this is some sort of seizure disorder.

I have not had an MRI / CT scan and this is something i so badly want, as i know there is something wrong that has not yet been detected.

My life feels like a shambles, long gone are the days when i was carefree when i could so easily walk to the shops or have a night out without having to worry about feeling so dizzy and ill.

Can anxiety really cause this - i wasnt anxious before the day i became dizzy .. why would the diziness just start and change my life so much.

Im at my wits end, and i feel like im not being taken seriously.. there are so many times that i want to rush my self to the A&E only to talk myself around thinking ' I'm mad, are these symptoms real.. will they beleive me'
I hope and pray each day that my life will return to what it was, i watch people in envy enjoying their lives without a single health worry and wish i could just be like that :(

Thank you for reading..

nomorepanic
29-09-10, 16:19
Hi Pentium

A huge warm welcome to nmp.

You'll get loads of advice and support here and make some lovely friends along the way.

Best wishes

paula lynne
29-09-10, 16:20
Hi Pentium and welcome to a fantastic site, full of support and encouragement. Youre not alone x:welcome:

Lou 1
29-09-10, 18:42
Welcome, i know how exactly how u are feeling x

jada
29-09-10, 19:37
Hi Pentium.

I joined the site a couple of days ago and have found it very helpful. Lots of genuinely nice folk :)
I wanted to let you know that I know how you feel because I get the same sort of symptoms.
Initially, my dizziness was caused by a viral infection to the brain which affected the nerves to the inner ear thus causing severe loss of balance. Over time, the symtoms have become less severe but anxiety makes it flare up again...and there we have it!....a vicious circle...dizziness...anxiety...anxiety...dizziness :wacko:

I sincerely hope that you can find some answers.

Best wishes

Jan