PDA

View Full Version : Hi

pippin
06-03-06, 15:30
Hi, I'm 29 and have recently had my first panic attack, recently being early January this year. Since then I've been going to various doctors, trying to find out whether there's anything physicaly wrong with me. Since there's a history of MS in my family, that was the first thing doctors suspected. The blood work came out ok, ECG and echosound as well, the MRI was regular as well. However, there's a small lesion on my brain but the doctor said it's unrelated (that is, unrelated part of the brain), and, since I suffered bad migranes as a teenager, it's to be expected. Unfortunatelly, I cannot stop worryning, and my MS-like sypmtoms seem to be getting worse :(
I'm afraid this might turn into an obssesion...

jackie
06-03-06, 15:36
PIPPIN YOU AR ENOT ALONE WITH THIS FEAR, I HOPE WE CAN ALL GIVE YOU SUPPORT BECAUSE WE ARE ALL AT DIFFERENT STAGES OF THIS FEAR AND ANXIETY

YOU WILL GET SO MUCH SUPPORT HERE, ASK AWAY
JACKIE

pippin
06-03-06, 15:39
Thank you.
Since I'm new, I'm not really sure whether I should continue writing here, or move to another sub forum?

nomorepanic
06-03-06, 15:40
Hi Pippin

Welcome aboard the forum and hope we can be of some help.

You can continue to post here or start a new topic off in a different forum.

Nicola

jackie
06-03-06, 15:41
YOU CAN DO EITHER BUT IF YOU ARE WORRIED ABOUT SOMETHING SPECIFIC, POST IT ON THAT FORUM, IE IF YOU ARE WORRIED ABOUT THE SYMPTOMS OF PANIC POST A "NEW TOPIC" IN THAT SECTION

IS THAT OK
JACKIE

pippin
06-03-06, 15:42
That's ok, thanx

I'm off to sumptoms now...

jackie
06-03-06, 15:43
C U THERE
JACKIE

trac67
06-03-06, 15:57
Hi Pippin,

Welcome to the forum, you will get a lot of good advice here and make some new friends.

Take care

Trac xx

'Live your life with arms wide open, today is where your book begins, the rest is still unwritten'

seh1980
06-03-06, 17:15
Welcome aboard!! :D

"If life were simple, word would have got around"

katyfitz
06-03-06, 17:29
hi pippin if th doc says your cool, then believe it ive been checked for 3 months solid and he tells me il be fine and i didnt believe him but hes been my doc for 11 years and i trust him completely but because im suffereing with health anxiety i just wanna hear that im ill so it will xplain how i feel, but u def aint alone so do not worry. keep posting wherever helps u.

Karen
06-03-06, 17:29
Hi Pippin

Welcome to the forum.

You might find the following information helpful:

First Steps (http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/default.asp?t=cms&c=firststeps)

Symptoms (http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/default.asp?t=cms&c=symptoms)

Health Anxiety (http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/default.asp?t=cms&c=healthanxiety)

You will find a lot of help and support here.

Karen

Happiness is not a state to arrive at but a manner of travelling.

You only live once, but if you do it right, once is enough ~ Christine Cagney, Cagney & Lacey

Alexandra
06-03-06, 18:50
Hi Pippin

Welcome to the forum.

You will find lotd of help & support here.

Take Care

Alex

Many People Will Walk
In & Out Of Your Life
But Only True Friends
Will Leave Footprints
In Your Heart

MOWMAN
06-03-06, 19:14
Hi there,
I joined yesterday and my situation is similar, i ended up in hospital last Nov with blackouts and dizziness, had MRI, CT, EEG, ECG, bloods etc but could not find anything wrong; there was some evidence of epileptic characteristics in the ECG but have not had a fit for 20+ years so i dodny want to pursue that avenue with driving being so important to me.
I have resigned myself to it all being panic attacks, have had years of depression and this is i guess just another part of it, new to me as until last year i was on meds, now i am exposed to all stresses in full !
Hope you also find help and relief,
Andy

sal
06-03-06, 22:37
Hi Pippin

It becomes a roller coaster that we cant seem to get off and the more we think the worse it gets. That is why you need to take a step back, easier said than done dont i know that but try to detatch yourself from your thoughts for a short while and take it on as anxiety and nothing more and work on it from there. Here to help all i can.

Love Sal xx

Dont mess up the best things in your life, just because at present you are unsure who you are.

"Life is a distance and to travel that distance you were given the strength and guidance to do so".

feege
07-03-06, 00:21
A warm welcome to the site Pippin

You will find lots of support here and we can all help each other to accept the symptoms of anxiety which are nearly always far worse than any illness we have...

We can retrain ourselves with hard work and support!

good luck xxxxx

Fee xxxxxx
www.like2like.com

Why live life anticipating the bad things when you could be anticipating the good?
Good and bad things WILL happen!

Meg
08-03-06, 16:41
Pippin,

Welcome.

Make an appt to see your doctor so you can really have the time for them to go through it all with you and go through all the tests and results so you are fully reassured and can have your fears listened to.

Meg
www.anxietymanagementltd.com

Your anxiety is the human representation of the pictures that you paint using your many vivid colours of revolving and reoccurring thoughts.
How big is your gallery ?

Piglet
08-03-06, 16:48
Welcome to the site pippin.

Piglet :D

"Supposing a tree fell down, Pooh, when we were underneath it?" said Piglet.
"Supposing it didn't," said Pooh after careful thought.