PDA

View Full Version : Emetophobia... a great book to read!

fairyclairy
29-09-10, 18:04
Hi,

Just thought i would post this on here, iv just read a really geat book about this phobia and its just helped so much knowing im 'normal' :blush:

Its called, 'Living with Emetophobia' by 'Nicolette Heaton-Harris

I would definitly reccomend it.

Has anyone else read any books or anything that they have found useful?

xx

Laves
30-09-10, 13:43
Just read the google books preview. There is an uncanny amount of overlap with my own experiences. Little details like 'not eating the bit of the sandwich that you've been holding' and 'taking shallow breaths around people who you think might give you a bug' are things I do habitually. Thanks!

Jayne
30-09-10, 14:02
Hiya Fairy...
This book sounds great!
I have to get it. I have had this for years and it really is awful. Mine always seems to be worse when I am away from home. I convince myself I will be sick. I had a bug a few months ago and felt like such a baby but I could'nt help it.
Thanks for the great advice.
Hugs Jayne xxxxx

Steff
11-10-10, 19:15
:) Just order this book yesterday. Can't wait to read it!! I'll review it as soon as I'm finished!!

Steff

fairyclairy
11-10-10, 20:36
Hey everyone,

Thanks for your replies about this book..... its helped me so much and made me understand more about this phobia and also made me realise that im not some 'freak' :blush:

Hope everyone finds it as useful as me, and yes let me know how you find it steff xx