PDA

View Full Version : Muscle tension effects breathing?

angels22165
29-09-10, 19:20
Hi, just a bit of reasurrence needed please. I get alot of tightness in my chest and stomach and this seems to effect my breathing when I start doing anything slightly physical even walking up the stairs the muscles go tighter and it feels hard to breathe, I know Im probably not helping the situation as the breathing is constantly on my mind at the moment, suffered many years with anxiety, do not go out on mi own, and with family will not walk far as the tension builds in my chest feels to much then I start to panic. When Ive rested its not as bad but still there and this is really limiting me in doing day to day chores, even hoovering the stairs as this makes my heart beat rise then the panic starts. Please can anyone relate or have any advice on how to ease this. Is it just my thought process whats causing this to stay. Many thanks :)

Anxious_gal
29-09-10, 20:31
do you smoke as it's very common in smokers!

have you ever had it checked out?

anxiety makes your heart race causing ALL your symptoms but also being unfit will do the same, as you say you don't get out much, it might help to build up your strength.

also coffee, smoking, energy drinks can all speed up your heart.

angels22165
29-09-10, 21:58
Hi Mishel, thanks for the reply I do smoke but dont drink any caffeine drinks and eat a healthy diet, I too think Im unfit and with not really doing any exercise as much that could be the cause then the anxiety on top, dr give me inhalers to rule out asthma a few months ago and it did dr said it must be down to anxiety, was just wondering if anyone else gets the same feeling.

shaz14
29-09-10, 22:22
Hi
I have had trouble breathing properly for about 18 months now. My stomach muscles are constantly tight where i am so anxious and I'm holding my tummy in without even realising. When I think about it and try to relax these muscles, they hurt! Same with my chest, shoulders and across the top of my back. Think where I am doing shallow chest breathing, I always feel like I'm not getting enough oxygen in and am always out of breath.

traciec39
29-09-10, 22:27
I get exactly the same at the moment, its really scarey!!!!
At the moment even to raise my arms up above my head really aches, I must accept its muscle tension, from overworked tense muscles.
Im exhusted by simple things, havent got the energy to do anything.
If anyone has any tips that will help it would be wonderful.

Tracie xxxx

angels22165
30-09-10, 08:35
Thanks for the replies :) it just always seems to be there try to relax the muscles but just can feel them tight and the nervy feeling to in the chest like mad butterflys is the only way I can describe it just doesnt let up.