PDA

View Full Version : job agencies for anxiety

evil monkey
29-09-10, 22:33
does anyone know of something geared towards this

poss'ly where they would actually ask questions and i could explain to them what im looking for

sharon35
30-09-10, 08:15
Ive never heard of any but it would be avery good idea i think

lizzie29
30-09-10, 09:52
Someone told me once about one in the Nottingham area that had helped them. Don't know the name sorry, but this shows they do exist, although I'd guess there aren't many!

Nigel H
30-09-10, 10:50
Sorry - I must confess I don't fully understand the question... can you please elaborate on what you mean? What you are suggesting, or looking for?

thanks!

evil monkey
30-09-10, 22:46
basically well, an agency which took into account people anxiety situation. so they might treat them with a bit more understanding

expecto patronum
09-10-10, 15:40
I've heard of an organisation called The Richmond Fellowship that help people with mental health issues get back into work.
Best of luck.

paula lynne
09-10-10, 15:48
All employers are equal ops, that includes us doesnt it?....but I know what you mean, its hard with anx and panic and related problems as we cant "show" people the problem so to speak. Its great you are thinking about work though...x:)

Just.A.Girl.x
09-10-10, 17:23
Lizzie is that me you were talking about? :P

The company is called Ingeus...they help find jobs for people with disabilities including anxiety by finding out what you can do and help you find jobs in that area..they also do courses at their office for anxiety and confidence building etc.. they've been amazing for me! xxx

belgarion
09-10-10, 22:49
What sort of job do you want? Basically a job you enjoy won't have as much anxiety as a job you hate. There are low stress jobs and high stress jobs. With the shortage of jobs already here, no need to narrow the Market even more so!

Good luck

evil monkey
09-10-10, 23:06
thanks belga & all

PoppyC
09-10-10, 23:17
Hi
There is a job agency in the Midlands that helps people back into work, who have mental health issues...I will find the name for you and let you have it.