PDA

View Full Version : Hello and advice needed

BSMM228
30-09-10, 00:25
Hi

My name is Jacky and I have had depression in the past, I had a particularly bad bout about ten years ago and was off work for three months. I always thought I could see the signs and would seek help before it got hold off me but this time I didn't see it coming and so have been struggling for the past two weeks.

I am on Prozac and am hoping it will kick in soon as it is the only thing that gets me back on track. I've also got flu so this is really pulling me down and has caused me to have panic attacks regarding phlegm stuck in my throat.

However, tonight I have experienced something different. I have been drinking loads of water to deal with the phlegm but have now developed the constant urge to go to the toilet. Is there something wrong with me, or could this be linked to the anxiety? Has anyone else ever experienced this? I just don't feel that I can cope with anything else at the moment. Am planning on trying to get a drs appointment in the morning but till then don't feel that I am going to get much sleep.

thanks for reading and I hope someone can shed some light for me

Jacky x

nomorepanic
30-09-10, 00:27
Hi BSMM228

We just wanted to welcome you aboard to NMP. We hope you enjoy your stay here and get all the support and advice you need.

Please take some time to read the website articles on the left as well for loads of advice and tips.

Anxious_gal
30-09-10, 01:26
bring a morning, mid flow urine sample with you to the doctor.

could be a urinary tract infection or some irritation, it's super common, water and cranberry juice will usually clear it up. since you have no pain or burning it's probably just a bit of irritation :-)
also being anxious does make you want to use the bathroom way more often.