PDA

View Full Version : Birthday in one week, help!

MrBlue
30-09-10, 00:55
I know I've posted twice in a short time but I need some advice!

It's my 19th birthday in one week today and I want to be able to go out with my friends for it so badly so I don't look like a total weirdo!

Lately I haven't been out at night with them at all, I've still managed to see them during the daytime as my anxiety isn't as bad but at night in a situation like a night club it would be bad :( I don't want to say I'm doing nothing for my birthday aswell becuase they have noticed I haven't been out lately and my excuse has been that I can't afford it but on my birthday I'll have no excuses.

Any suggestions?

ALSO I know that most of you are in the same boat as me, just wondering if any of you have any advice as to what you do when you go out for special occasions?

olderfella
30-09-10, 01:26
I dont have any idea on lying to them as sooner or later lies will catch you out,and i understand you dont want to tell them for fear of being labelled weird, i used to try and hide my anxiety and panic from friends and family but i dont anymore as i figured if they are my friends then they have to accept me warts an all,if they have issues with me having this illness then they arnt truely friends,i know its not what you want to hear but dont cause yourself more worry trying to hide your illness if they are your friends they have to understand :winks:

MrBlue
30-09-10, 01:29
thanks very much for the reply :)
some of them know I suffer from stress and anxiety but they are not aware of how it makes me feel, in other words they think I'm being a bit of a wimp!
The other thing is, I do really want to go out but I don't at the same time, I want to get drunk, I want to have a laugh with my mates but my anxiety is telling me not to and I know that I'll be stood there worrying all night

olderfella
30-09-10, 01:42
I know what you mean about wanting to get drunk i have found that when ive had a drink within a few pints my anxiety goes away and i dont feel anxious at all,but i have also found that i pay for my actions big time for a few days after,your not a wimp mate and if your friends think that and dont have the maturity to understand then as i said they are not truely friends,i know i may sound harsh but youre punishing your self for the fear of what people think and that will only lead to you becoming more anxious

MrBlue
30-09-10, 01:50
Yeah ive heard anxiety is bad after alcohol, I haven't touched alcohol since I first noticed anxiety because of it, I sometimes have a few beers watching the football and it settles down then. Thanks mate, I know my friends need to accept it but at my age it's hard to understand it because I/We're only 18 years old and I know that I'd probably be the same if I didn't know what it was like.

olderfella
30-09-10, 02:00
other than telling a couple of friends to look it up i dont know what else to suggest,but try not to worry about it and Have a great birthday mate wether you go out or not

MrBlue
30-09-10, 02:08
thanks very much for the advice, helps alot :) and cheers i'll try :D

MrBlue
30-09-10, 11:28

PokerFace
30-09-10, 11:32
..? What's up?

MrBlue
30-09-10, 11:41
just bumping it for another opinion or solution :)

PokerFace
30-09-10, 11:47
Hmm you can have mine :D

Like has been said already I find when I'm drinking ALL my anxiety goes away and I have a really really good time. Problem is, you'll probably pay for it the next day. I get missed beats and chest pains a lot with hangovers but I still go out and get drunk a lot, I'm stubborn like that...or stupid depends on your perception lol :D.

I've managed to go out get completely wasted and stay up all night AND go out the next day all day til about 11pm at night and I survived and had a really good weekend even though hangover + no sleep = OMG anxiety lool!

You could just have a couple til you feel relaxed and unanxious then stop to try and avoid the horribleness the next day.

MrBlue
30-09-10, 12:27
thanks so much for that :) I think i'm gonna go out and just pay for it the next day, what's keeping me going is that my ECG said my heart is FINE so I'll try and soldier through the hangover of anxiety haha. Thanks again :)