PDA

View Full Version : New Anxiety Symptoms? (I hope)

PokerFace
30-09-10, 09:15
So I've been getting weird symptoms past few weeks I've been trying my hardest to ignore but they're really getting to me! Just looking for some reassurance or a kick up the bum to go to the doctors if they don't sound like anxiety!

Firstly, I've been noticing weird chest pains. They happen when I drink something really fast or run down the stairs and then stop. It's like a throbbing/pulsating pain deep in the middle of my chest, like smack bang in the middle of my body chestwise and it lasts about 3 seconds but it REALLY hurts. When I first started taking beta blockers it stopped happening but now they're back and the fact beta blockers stopped it happening at first makes me worry its heart related! :wacko:

Secondly, my face keeps vibrating!! :huh: I'll be lying in bed or just sat watching tele and the left side of my face around my left temple, eye and cheek starts to feel like it's got a lot of pressure in moving upwards, if you get me, then it starts to feel like shaking and the same thing happened in my chin yesterday evening. My first reaction of course is OMG stroke but obviously not as I'm still here writing this lol.

Thirdly, when I'm lying in bed trying to get to sleep the only way I can explain it is my heart feels "loose". I know, sounds ridiculous but it really does feel like that and I have to keep moving and turning around to shake the feeling which of course stops me getting to sleep. Also I was lying in a pitch black room with my eyes closed and everything switched off at the plug and my eyes just suddenly flashed a REALLY bright white for a split second last night. I've NEVER experienced anything like that before in my life and it really unsettled me!

Sorry for the long post! Hope someone can relate to some of this. xxx

countrygirl
30-09-10, 09:27
Well I have had your symptoms occasionally for many years - here goes the chest pain could easily be muscular it was with me, with me its very sharp pain stabbing that lasts a few minutes and can be anywhere in my chest its caused by muscles between the ribs. If you were only getting the pain when you swallowed then could be gastro related but this woulnd't I imagine affect you when you go down stairs but you use muscles when you swallow.

The moving sensation in your face is very familiar - it can feel as if your face has dropped or someone is dragging hard on it and if you look in the mirror you expect to see someone who has had a stroke but you have all feeling and its looks fine. I have arthritis and disc trouble in my neck and assumed it was part of that but I also get vibrating lips! sometimes you can see them moving like a twitching eyelid and sometimes its just a feeling - I certainly have had this sort of thing for past 15 yrs

the loose heart feeling is probably ectopics missed beats as they can make you feel as if your heart is loose and jumping around inside you but its not in any way painful just very peculiar - try coughing when it does it and see if it temporarily improves it. Relaxing in bed is a sure fire way of getting ectopics to set off!

Obviously if they all continue then see your Dr for a check to stop you worrying.

missykat
30-09-10, 09:27
hey there,
im getting that same sensation ure getting in ure cheek and left temple cept mine is on the right side temple area and right side regarding the cheek. its really really odd isnt it?? and scary almost like something is moving underneath and a pressure feeling slowly moving upwards like u said. ive come to the conclusion its all anxiety related, well i try to tell myself that but its hard :unsure:

Rie
30-09-10, 10:16
Hi

I get that bright light flashing thing when I am having a period of high anxiety. It seems to happen just as I am about to fall asleep. It is very unsettling but it only happens when my nerves are on edge. I have been a lot calmer and happier recently and I have noticed that this has stopped happening, so I am sure it is perfectly harmeless and just related to your anxiety.

dodo
30-09-10, 10:21
I am getting what I call sparks in my vision too. Split second very small flashes of light. Some days more frequent than others.

PokerFace
30-09-10, 11:36
That's a releif that you guys get most these symptoms too! Thanks for going into detail for me countrygirl, reassured me loads. The chest thing does seem kind of muscular now I'm thinking about it and yes! Everytime I get that face vibration thing I go look in the mirror expecting my face to have dropped lol!

Missykat, I think it probably is anxiety if we both get it and on different sides so thanks for saying you get it too thats reassured me a lot! :)

Dodo an Rie, thanks for the reassurance, I just found it a bit shocking cuz it's never happend and yes it was right when I was about to fall asleep too. BTW Welcome to No More panic Rie! :D xxx

dodo
30-09-10, 11:53
I have had the lights thing for a few months now and it's new to me. Or should I say I haven't noticed it until a few months back. It doesn't happen all the time but I am noticing it more at some times. Some people have said migraine to me but I really don't think that is what it is.

PokerFace
30-09-10, 11:58
No I don't think it would be a migrane either, it's not painful at all for me, is it for you? I have no clue what it is! I think I noticed it so much because it was so dark and my eyes were closed and all of a sudden just a pure white light flashed. I know it was definatley my eyes cuz everythin was shut off and any lights from outside it wouldn't be that white it was literally the same white as the background of this forum lol!

I guess it's more than likely anxiety related if all 3 of us have experiences of it. If I decide to go to the doctors about all these weirdy symptoms I'm having I'll mention it to him and get back to you. xx

dodo
30-09-10, 12:10
If it only happened to you once I really wouldn't worry about it but please do let us know what he says. Mine has happened a few times a day for the past few months. Although some days I don't see it at all and some day it is black some days it is white. No there's no pain.