PDA

View Full Version : think im going to go into panic

janine85
30-09-10, 10:10
hi

help me,

im convinced im going to have apanic attack, im just sat in bed (alone) waiting for it to happen.

throat is dry, back hurts worried worried worried.

i feel sick also.:weep:

heavenly
30-09-10, 10:22
Try and distract yourself, if you sit by yourself, waiting for it happen, it invariably will. Go for a walk, ring up a friend, put some relaxing music on, see if that helps. xx

WillowTree
30-09-10, 11:49
How are you now janine? Hope it passed. I know the feeling you mean and it's horrible, waiting for the panic to come. It starts for me usually in my throat or chest and it takes all my attention just to focus on not having a full blown panic attack. I find reciting song lyrics in my head or keeping my fingers busy (ooh matron!) can help distract me but it's hard I know. I'm waiting for a course that will teach techniques to stop panic attacks but right now I'm just trying my own ways.

You're not alone, you'll be okay, you truly will.

Hugs x

janine85
30-09-10, 11:57
i got up, showered, (tried to wash it away)

moving and pacing really helped,i did panic but i tried to get on with things as i did.

i put the washng on and made a cuppa.

Its horrible when it gets inside your mind, its all i can think of.

i panic about panicking!!!

Clairalou
30-09-10, 12:04
Janine, I'm exactly the same I panic about panicking and it makes things 10 times worse I had a major panic attack yesterday it was awful an I'm feeling it start up again but I'm just going to busy myself an try not to think about it! I'm going for a ECG tomorrow for reasurrence about my health anxiety but I'm terrified!!

Hope your feeling much better now

xxxxx

WillowTree
30-09-10, 12:06
i panic about panicking!!!

:D Yeah I do this too, I think a lot of us do! It's like fighting a monster in your mind and it wears you down. Then you worry about when the damn monster is going to pop up again.

Glad you feel bit better now.

sb001f8994
30-09-10, 13:33
Hi,
Im starting to panic coz I havent panicked for a while. Arent I silly?!!! I think I need to worry about something and if Im not worrying Im not happy. Wish I wasnt such an idiot but unfortunately thats me!

heavenly
01-10-10, 09:54
Hi,
Im starting to panic coz I havent panicked for a while. Arent I silly?!!! I think I need to worry about something and if Im not worrying Im not happy. Wish I wasnt such an idiot but unfortunately thats me!

That would mean most of us on here are idiots and stilly then. :winks:

I had a bad couple of weeks, but have been 'ok' since Saturday, I try not to let myself think 'when is the next one coming...its been quite a while...'

Own worst enemies. But as each day passes, I feel stronger and I WILL cope with whatever is thrown at me, counselling helps me as well, I am doing CBT with her, for coping techniques, also general talking counselling to get to the bottom of why these episodes have started.

Well done with coping with it! xxx

richie.1k
01-10-10, 17:30
Wow thats me all over.

There are a few things that make me panic like flying, but most of the time a thought just creeps into my head "oh im going to have a panic attack" then i keep thinking about it (i try to do breathing exercises) but the panic keeps building up, its horrible. I feel like im going mad .
I do the same thing panic about having a panic attack...i usually dont know what starts them thoughts of.:scared15:

Richie

tambo12
06-10-10, 13:50
there are many ways to beat this condision .
I have had panic attacks and anxiety for 12 years .
I tried everything but it came down to me standing up to myself in the end .
You have to belive that you are stronger than the attacks .
I know they are scary and I know that you fell like your dying , but your not and they do pass.
Try to let it pass over you like a wave , the attack will happen but the more you fight it the worse it my feel .breath deep and try to let it pass .
this may help you as well http//tinyurl.com/2w5ngap