PDA

View Full Version : cardiff , south wales support groups

FRANKIEISBACK
30-09-10, 12:25
the only two I know are journeys ...which is the old name for depression alliance , and walkfree , which is for anxiety and panic

both meet in cardiff weekly , if you want to know details then pm me

FRANKIEISBACK
30-09-10, 14:00
has anyone on here from the south wales are attended or organised any meet ups or attended any exisiting support groups ?

any feedback ?

there is an existing support group in cardiff..which isnt a no more panic group but I will not put the details up on here regarding times , meeting place etc if previous attempts to get people to meet up have not been successful ..and I fully understand why ..anxiety is awful

best wishes xx

menhealuk
25-10-14, 00:06
I know this question is very old, however it comes high up in Google when people search for support groups in Wales, so I thought I'd put a post up about my anxiety and depression support group in South Wales.

I run a support group for men with mental health issues (called MEN HEAL), this includes anxiety, depression and any other form of mental health issue, even stress.

It runs in Abergavenny in Monmouthshire. Any man can come along to the group.

Our website is: menheal DOT org DOT uk
Twitter: @menhealuk

If you'd like to find out about when and where the support group is, then it's best to go to that website.

We accept anyone as long as they can physically get to the group, so whether you are in Blaenau Gwent or Monmouthshire, or even further afield such as Newport or Cardiff then you are free to come along. Anyone is welcome... although currently it is a men's group.

I am also hoping to set up a mixed group if there's enough interest, which will be called Breakthru (Website is: breakthru DOT org DOT uk), Twitter: @breakthru_uk

Replace DOT with . (i.e. a fullstop in the website names)

Look forward to hearing from you
Best wishes
Mike (Founder of MEN HEAL)

FRANKIEISBACK
10-05-16, 10:28
Thank you but that is too far for me

Best wishes