PDA

View Full Version : Anyone? Some re-assurance needed please

Natalie x
30-09-10, 12:47
Hi. For the past few minutes i've been feeling a bit warm and almost as though my face and neck are burning. I had a bit of a panic attack about an hour ago and im not sure if its just been from that. I also was getting head pains. Im going out of my mind with worry. I also kind of feel like im rushing everything i do if that makes sense. Has anyone else had any of these? Please reply. Thanks x

dodo
30-09-10, 12:51
Sounds like you're still panicking a bit to me. I sometimes go hot and strange in the face when I panic. Don't forget that even if the major panic attack is over, you can still get mini ones in waves for a few hours. Try and watch tele or something to distract yourself.

PokerFace
30-09-10, 12:53
I get burning in my face, it makes my cheeks go really red like I'm blushing lol. I put it down to anxiety cuz it makes me hot sometimes, and you're probably still on high alert if you had a panic an hour ago.

Could you be getting poorly and have a bit of a temperature? Everything feeling rushed or too slow and slight burning in my face and neck sounds how I feel when I'm just about to get sick and my temperature is high. If not is probably really just anxiety. xxx

Natalie x
30-09-10, 13:01
Thanks for your replies guys. I've got a bit of a cold, it was worse the other day, but im just not convinced. I just seem to be worrying about everything at the moment x

PokerFace
30-09-10, 13:05
Mm I know how you feel and if you've got a cold it makes it a lot worse. I remember when I first got Health Anxiety I described some of the mental symptoms as feeling like I have a high temperature, everythings too fast or too slow, too big or too small, too close or too far away etc so it's kind of x2 with a temperature.

You're having a blip at the moment, I'm worrying about everything too so you're not alone and you're gonna be ok :) xx

nikki3158
30-09-10, 23:48
Hi Natalie, dont worry. When I first started having panic attacks the whole of my face, neck even eyes used to burn and i used to run in the bathroom and splash cold water all over me to try to make it stop, unfortunately it never helped.

The positive however is this is perfectly normal in a panic attack as all whats happening is that you have a lot of adrenilin going round your body. Your obviously still very anxious but this will stop and just remember its your body reacting abnormally when you are perfectly safe. PROMISE X