PDA

View Full Version : Treadmill & Heart rate

Ambers
30-09-10, 21:50
I am on a roll today...

I have started to run again after stopping for about 4 weeks (when I was really anxious). I am/was quite a fit person...but I am slightly worried because in the last few days I have had bad indigestion and pain in my chest.

Today whilst running on the treadmill I couldn't understand my readings on the heart monitor. Could someone explain them to me.

Running hard and uphill my heart rate was averaging 69 to 85.

Walking slowly and resting, before & inbetween runs and after streching at the end of the session my heart rate was averaging 112-128

Is that right, or should it be the other way around? It doesn't make sense, or is my heart back to front (I mean that not quite literally)

Help

blueangel
30-09-10, 23:52
Hmm.. this does sound a bit unexpected - BUT - I wonder if it's actually that whilst you're working hard, you're not thinking about it, whereas when you have time to think about your pulse, you'll focus on it and make it rise. I'm speaking partially from experience as I get very twitchy about exercising these days, and often I'll suddenly become aware of my pulse just after I've done something like go up a flight of stairs.