PDA

View Full Version : Hugs for my daughter

ladybird64
01-10-10, 11:55
An unusually soppy post from me I know, but I would like to ask for some virtual hugs for my girl.

My 20 year old is going away tomorrow for a weeks respite break, the first she (and us!) has ever had. She is going to a residential facility for people who have the same condition as herself and has been counting down the days..she is so excited.

We have had enormous problems dealing with her behavioural difficulties earlier on this year and lack of support nearly drove me over the edge. She is now under the care of a great health team for people with learning disabilities, we have a wonderful Social Worker (only 23 but very supportive) and my girl has been having sessions with a psychologist on regular basis.

She has worked extremely hard to get her behaviour under control and has been using all the techniques that have been suggested.
I know how hard it is for her to cope with her own outbursts and I am so happy that she is now managing to cope when things get tough.

She wanted to behave better but needed expert help, now she has had that help she is a pleasure to be with. Even though her college are refusing to accept her back in, she has taken the disappointment and turned it around saying that now she can maybe do voluntary work.

I am very proud of all that she has achieved over the past few months and wanted to share how I feel. :blush: :hugs:

PS. I would also like to mention that your truly will be making the return journey home on the train by myself..just me, myself and I.
First time of being totally alone on a train for over 30 years. Should be fun!

diane07
01-10-10, 12:25
Aww Ange,

That is brilliant news.

sending her and you lots of :hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs:

di xx

bluesparkle
01-10-10, 12:28
hi ladybird
loads and loads of hugs to rach...:hugs:
and to you of coarse...
she is doing brilliantly...what a star!
will be thinking of you tomorrow
rach
x

bottleblond
01-10-10, 12:57
Ange

Your daughter sounds like a right lovely lass hun. It's not surprising that you are so proud of her. :flowers:

I hope she has a brilliant week away and i hope you have a very relaxed break. Remember to treat yourself and do lots of lovely things for you.

Well done for going solo on the train journey mate, you will do just grand.

:bighug1::hugs::bighug1:

Love Lisa
xxx

paula lynne
01-10-10, 13:36
For you Ange and your girl..xxxx:bighug1::bighug1::bighug1::bighug1::big hug1::bighug1::bighug1::bighug1::bighug1::bighug1: :bighug1::bighug1::bighug1::bighug1::bighug1::bigh ug1::bighug1::bighug1::bighug1::bighug1::bighug1:: bighug1:

gypsywomen
01-10-10, 13:41
sure she will have a great time hugs:hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hug s::hugs::hugs::hugs:

suzy-sue
01-10-10, 13:44
Hope your Daughter has a good time Angie ,shes done so well .Enjoy the break and good luck with the train journey .You will be fine im sure .Love Sue xx:bighug1::bighug1::bighug1::bighug1:

KK77
01-10-10, 13:56
MM at your service...

((Hugs))

SueBee
01-10-10, 14:23
Excellent news LB, she'll have a great time I'm sure and so will you - enjoy it!
:hugs:

Sue xxx

Granny Primark
01-10-10, 15:11
What a brill post.
Well done and good luck to you both:bighug1:

ElizabethJane
01-10-10, 15:33
:bighug1::bighug1::bighug1::bighug1::bighug1::bigh ug1::bighug1::bighug1::bighug1::bighug1::bighug1:: bighug1::bighug1::bighug1::bighug1::bighug1:Ladybi rd you can have as many hugs as you and your dear daughter need. Lots of love EJxxxxxx

ditzygirl
01-10-10, 15:42
That;s brilliant. Well done to all of you sounds like you have all worked really hard and I hope your daughter has a fab time.

And I hope you enjoy your train journey - ull love itx

weeble40
01-10-10, 19:03
Buggy, and me Rachie, hugs for you both, I know what a struggle youve had mate, and im so proud of the hurdles you have both overcome, enjoy the break, both of you xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

blue moon
01-10-10, 22:35
Here are some big hugs from me.
:bighug1::bighug1::bighug1::bighug1::bighug1:
Love Petra xxx

calm
01-10-10, 22:53
:bighug1::bighug1::bighug1::bighug1::bighug1::bigh ug1:LB.....wishing your daughter the very best time xxxxx
all the very best for the train journey....you will be able to relax knowing that your daughter is oh so happy xxxxx

caz1625
01-10-10, 23:08
:hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::bighug1::bighug1::b ighug1:

Lots and lots of hugs for you both

Carol xx

Chem
02-10-10, 05:48
Big hug for my friend Rach from me :bighug1:

Mind out for those man-eating platform edges (quick duck) :bighug1:
My phone will be on, but I have every faith in you. Go Ang! xx :bighug1:

JaneC
02-10-10, 10:11
:hugs: Fantastic that your daughter is doing so well ladybird, lovely to read a positive story. Hope she has a great week and good luck on the train xx

Vanilla Sky
02-10-10, 11:52
Loads of love and hugs to you and your daughter :hugs::hugs::hugs:
Paige xxx

ladybird64
02-10-10, 21:33
Thank you all so much..what a wonderful bunch of people you are. :hugs:

Girl is happily settled at respite "love you mum, see you next week", ooh yes, she was so upset to be apart from her mum! :winks::roflmao:

That's the way it should be though and I'm glad she wanted to be with others, away from the family for a while.

The train journey went brilliantly, apart from the small fact that I nearly missed the damned thing twice (a whole other and frankly embarrassing story which I ain't tellin ya! :blush:), there was no real sense of fear, no raised anxiety.

Anoither one bites the dust. :D

Thanks for being there folks xx:bighug1:

suzy-sue
02-10-10, 21:41
Thats great about your daughter .Bless her .:hugs:Well done to you Angie glad the journey went well eventually lol Enjoy the break and get a bit of time for yourselves .You deserve it .t/c luv Sue :bighug1:xx

Rous
03-10-10, 04:19
A belated hugs Ladybird. :blush:

:hugs: