PDA

View Full Version : Filisa and Vegepa

ginny
01-10-10, 12:40
Try this combination -- Filisa (meaning 'to make better') which is the Sutherlandia plant. Great for anxiety, stress and depression (also good for panic attacks) Filisa is recommended by top psychotherapists and also featured on Depression Can be Fun web site. The plant contains GABA, which is an inhibitory neuro-transmitter which we are apparently short of when we are anxious and depressed. Filisa puts it naturally back into the body and you get a feeling of calmess and being in control but without side effects. Available from Little Herbal International. If you add Vegepa from Igennus to Filisa you get a really good combination -- Vegepa is Mega 3 plus evening primrose oil. Both companies are really helpful and supportive. Good Luck !!

Hazel B
01-10-10, 14:12
Thanks Ginny, are there any side effects? I tried "Kalms" which consists of valerian and hops and they gave me awful tummy pain.

CrazyCatLady
01-10-10, 22:22
Thanks Ginny, haven't heard of those, I'll look into them.

:)

Dahlia
02-10-10, 16:36
I have Vegepa from Igennus - it's meant to have the best combination of fish oils, in the right proportions (can't remember the science behind it, but it explains it on the website). Unfotunately I forget to take the pills, so can't say whether they work or not! You've reminded me to start taking them!

ps Also worth saying that if you sign up for the Vegepa newsletter (which only comes about every 3 months), you often get money off vouchers - especially on the chewable capsules (which don't taste too bad). I bought 6 months supply with 50% off!

ginny
05-10-10, 14:28
Hi girls,
There is evidence that shows that sufferers of depression can benefit a great deal from taking EPA.
A study carried out in Israel, which focussed on 20 patients with major depression, found that 2gms of EPA daily resulted in "highly significant benefits" compared with a placebo (a capsule containing no active ingredients) by the third week. Vegepa contains ultra-pure EPA.
With regards to Filisa here's the web site www.littleherbal-int.com (http://www.littleherbal-int.com/) and just click on Filisa.
Hazel, there is no valerian in Filisa. A lot of people have problems with valerian and Filisa isn't a mix of different herbs, it's just the Sutherlandia plant, which has lots of great benefits. Vegepa and Filisa sorted me out. Also there are deals on Filisa as well so it makes it more affordable.