PDA

View Full Version : Always Hungry

nicluc135
01-10-10, 14:52
Hi

I've had a big problem for the last couple of months in that I am always hungry, even straight after eating. I've also had bad stomach pains/IBS. I went to the doctor a couple of times and have been given 300mg ranitidine pills to take daily to reduce the amount of acid in my stomach. They seemed to work the first time round but this time I've been taking them for a few weeks and although the IBS sympsoms are quite slight now the hunger is still there. It's becoming unbearable and I don't know what to do.

Dahlia
01-10-10, 15:43
Are you taking any other medications? When I was put on olanzapine my appetite went crazy - some meds work this way.

nicluc135
01-10-10, 16:15
I'm on Citalopram but I've been on this for years. The hunger symptoms are only the last few months.

debs71
01-10-10, 16:22
Hi Nicluc135,

Sorry you are having it rough. I'm on Escitalopram too, and strangely have had no appetite when it comes to a full meal, but have been gobbling down tons of sugary, bad foods, in fact craving them. I don't know if this is the meds or just the anxiety that causes this as I know that suger craving can be a symptom.

I'm not sure what may be causing your hunger, but I know the metabolism speeds up when you have anxiety so perhaps that is why you feel hungry rapidly.

I hope things calm for you.x:hugs:

Fly away Katie
01-10-10, 19:11
i'm always hungry too!ITS SUCKS X